**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
The guys that opted for glass screen protectors, how are you getting on?

I'm on my 3rd TPU protector as they just keep getting a scuffed, moving about or lifting at the edge.

Associate
The guys that opted for glass screen protectors, how are you getting on?

I'm on my 3rd TPU protector as they just keep getting a scuffed, moving about or lifting at the edge.

I bought the EGV TPU screen protectors and to be fair it's stuck pretty well and no visible scuffs. I use the Protective Standing Cover at work and the leather case at weekends (which is pretty tight and hard to pull off)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09N32T4QW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_Q8BVJEAVX8BM42W2JK82?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Soldato
I started with the EGV protector, even bought a couple of boxes, with the view they would need replacing every so often.

Although the protector fitted great, looked great, and seemed to do the job really well, I struggled to get on with the 'feel' of a plastic surface. So a couple of weeks in and I swapped to a glass full adhesive UV protector, like on my last couple of phones. I've posted a coupe of pictures in this thread a few pages back.

The glass protector, is wonderful to use, especially with the way I Swype to type. Super smooth, mostly fingerprint resistant, and dead easy to clean. Obviously the S-pen feels great on glass also. They are very hardy, but it's early days. No issues at all, love it :)

Associate
Has anyone found a charger that charges at 45w yet? Reddit seems to be full of yes and no, weird how hard it is to find a charger for this phone.

Soldato
Currently have a note 8. Looking at an upgrade to the S22 Ultra. Is the cheapest way to get this via Samsung direct?
I was hoping for some Easter deals but doesn't look like it's happening.

Associate
Currently have a note 8. Looking at an upgrade to the S22 Ultra. Is the cheapest way to get this via Samsung direct?
I was hoping for some Easter deals but doesn't look like it's happening.

They're won't be any offers because they still have a 2 month lead time on some of the models at the moment. Unless it's far cheaper for you to buy direct and you don't mind waiting for some time, then it's better to go through a retailer instead.

Soldato
Soldato
Anyone here use gestures on S22 ultra?
When gesturing to the home screen, do you guys get a 0.5-1second lag where you can't select an icon from the home screen, and it won't open the app? Really flipping annoying

Man of Honour
New one is:
Version: S908BXXU1AVDA / S908BOXM1AVDA / S908BXXu1AVDA
Size: 485.48 MB
Security Patch Level: 1 April 2022

Release date: 2022-04-19
  • Overall stability of functions improved
  • The security of your device has been improved

Soldato
Anyone here use gestures on S22 ultra?
When gesturing to the home screen, do you guys get a 0.5-1second lag where you can't select an icon from the home screen, and it won't open the app? Really flipping annoying
I use the gestures navigation and no issues with lag.

Soldato
Soldato
I use the gestures navigation and no issues with lag.
Any chance you can send me your gestures setting screen?

It's very specific when it happens. Swipe up to home, and if you instantly press an app on the home screen, you have to tap 2/3 times before it recognises the input

Soldato
Any chance you can send me your gestures setting screen?

It's very specific when it happens. Swipe up to home, and if you instantly press an app on the home screen, you have to tap 2/3 times before it recognises the input

Has never happened to me. Did you use smart switch? Sounds like you have a software conflict issue.

Here are my gesture setting

iple8tQ.jpeg 19iVlIf.jpeg

Soldato
I use swipe gestures the same settings as above, but the different button order. No lag for me using the home feature, but I don't have any apps on my home screen. I use the quick panel for any apps I use the most, and the rest are sorted into folders in the app draw screen.

Back
Top Bottom