**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Associate
According to leaked Verizon documents posted to Reddit (opens in new tab) (H/T 9to5Google (opens in new tab)), the Samsung Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus and Galaxy S23 Ultra will retail for $799.99, $999.99 and $1,199.99 in the US, respectively. For context, those figures are identical to the launch prices of the Samsung Galaxy S22 series.

Soldato
According to leaked Verizon documents posted to Reddit (opens in new tab) (H/T 9to5Google (opens in new tab)), the Samsung Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus and Galaxy S23 Ultra will retail for $799.99, $999.99 and $1,199.99 in the US, respectively. For context, those figures are identical to the launch prices of the Samsung Galaxy S22 series.
Sounds way more plausible.

Associate
Fingers crossed, although i think we'll get some sort of price rise here, the US gets all sorts of special deals and price holds we dont. Hopefully it wont be too expensive, cant wait to get rid of this ZFold4 i have.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
What's wrong with the charge speeds? It's just over an hour to charge the S22 Ultra from empty, double that if using wireless fast charging. It's a bit better than the S20/21, but not as fast as proprietary charging like found on OnePlus/Oppo/Xiaomi etc where you only get those super quick speed by using their own charging systems.
I guess it's a personal preference/requirement. Over 1hr for a full charge, sounds like hell, I get faster charging speed with my 50w wireless charger. :D

Once you get used to the super fast speed of the Chinese brands it's impossible to go back to slow 25w/45w as it makes such a difference on a day to day basis.

100w on the X6 Pro up from 80w on X5 Pro sounds perfect.. guess my decision has already been made. :cool:

^^ Samsung S-series handsets are bezel-less these days, so the colouring is only visible on on the rear. Personally I prefer silver, but I'm not sure if it matters that much if the case you're putting on it isn't transparent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Handset contracts are a mug's game nowadays and some of them are now 3 years long! If you want an expensive handset, it's best to buy it outright. Use the 4-month 0% interest rate on Paypal credit if needs be which is what I did when I bought the S20U for £1000 3 years ago. Then go sim-only. I currently pay £9 a month for 30GB on Three and it's a 1-year contract. What you pay all-in-all is less than if you were committing yourself for 2 or 3 years.
That's my plan this year, most dont even offer a discount on the contact anymore, at least vodafone does not sure about the rest, plus the yearly 10% increase CPI.

How does the 4-month 0% interest rate on Paypal credit work, never used it, is it simpler if you have a paypal account or is it more complicated ??

That's my plan this year, most dont even offer a discount on the contact anymore, at least vodafone does not sure about the rest, plus the yearly 10% increase CPI.

How does the 4-month 0% interest rate on Paypal credit work, never used it, is it simpler if you have a paypal account or is it more complicated ??

You do need a PayPal account. When you go to any check-out on the internet that accepts PayPal, there will be an extra option that says PayPal Credit. Samsung offered this when I checked out in April 2020 with the S20U, so I picked that and was able to spread the £1000ish cost over 4 months. It doesn't have to be 4 equal payments. I think I paid £200 straight away, then £600 some time after then paid the rest of near the end of the 4 months. You do it by going into your PayPal account and make manual payments.

Soldato
You do need a PayPal account. When you go to any check-out on the internet that accepts PayPal, there will be an extra option that says PayPal Credit. Samsung offered this when I checked out in April 2020 with the S20U, so I picked that and was able to spread the £1000ish cost over 4 months. It doesn't have to be 4 equal payments. I think I paid £200 straight away, then £600 some time after then paid the rest of near the end of the 4 months. You do it by going into your PayPal account and make manual payments.
I assume its straight forward not a credit check like a contracts ?

^^ I think the only pre-requisite is having a PayPal account to begin with. It's not like having to provide all of your life info when you walk into a phone shop.

The first time I used PP Credit, I completed a short check-out form on PayPal's page and was immediately accepted with a credit limit. Then on any future check-outs that offer PayPal, you will see a extra option that says PayPal Credit, for spends above £100. It is possible to have 2 items that you have bought separately on PP credit on the 4-month 0% interest starting at different times, so be mindful on when the 4-month clock started on item #1, and when the clock started on item #2, otherwise it is easy to get caught out.

Associate
Camera samples

Video samples

European pricing

Back
Top Bottom