**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Tea Drinker
Don
The only time I've ever smashed a screen was with a case.

I have no intention of selling it. I just gave away my note 4. And as far as I can tell there's £50 difference between a note 4 that's had a case and a scruffy one that's not had one.

Soldato
Mind made up now on a white flat version once Amazon sort their prices out

Good choice...when you get to go for it :)

I think this is the closest thing we have ever had to the "perfect phone" :D it truly is a fantastic piece of tech! Good to see another happy flat s7 user too

Indeed...more than happy with the flat...it feels so much better in the pocket and hand than the edge ever did for me.

The improvements this year really have given me all I need for the "perfect phone" :)

Soldato
Little tip for Gear VR users who might have TV image freezing issues when using Chromecast to.cast and monitor the headset when others are wearing it.

Developer Options/Simulate additional display/720x480mdpi. A tiny sub screen appears on the phone.

Works flawlessly!

Associate
Slightly bigger screen and bigger battery, edge functions if you want to use them. The main one you can have a average looking phone in the S7 or a superior looking one in the edge.

The longer battery life would be a clincher for me. The edge functionality is probably gimmicky, but battery life isn't.

Caporegime
I decided to not charge and see how long the phone lasted with non-intensive, non-specific use over the weekend... so far I'm down to 15% and it has lasted 1d 20h 20m with 2h 26m screen on time. Not bad imo.

Soldato
I decided to not charge and see how long the phone lasted with non-intensive, non-specific use over the weekend... so far I'm down to 15% and it has lasted 1d 20h 20m with 2h 26m screen on time. Not bad imo.

If you had wifi on and a semi-decent signal I would say that was pretty poor personally. I'd guess my 6P would beat that with similar usage.

Caporegime
If you had wifi on and a semi-decent signal I would say that was pretty poor personally. I'd guess my 6P would beat that with similar usage.

2 days is "pretty poor"? Personally I don't think so. it also included some photo taking and VR use

As for the 6P, the battery is 3450 mAh vs the S7's 3000mAh, so ~17% bigger.

Soldato
After having Nexus phones (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5) for 4+ years and then an iphone 6 for the last 5 months I think it is pretty good.

I don't think touchwiz is that bad now. I did have the first Galaxy S way back for over a year.

Back
Top Bottom