**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Caporegime
OP
So as it looks like Sky will be launching with SIM only to begin with, I'm considering an S7. So the thought still remains. Edge or not? Coming from an S4 which seems to need rebooting every few weeks and the battery dies when it still says 20% left. It's falling apart and is basically kept together by a case.

Associate
I'm tempted to go for this but after seeing a certain graph showing the running processes (bloatware) on the S7 compared to other phones I've recoiled a bit.

Is there anyway to disable all the bloatware including touchwhiz or does it need a custom rom to do this as as I understand there isn't much chance of custom roms taking off for the S7?

Soldato
So after a couple people stating they don't mind the battery life on this....
How do I check to see if my battery is ok?

100% last night at midnight, woke up at around 60% (nothing running etc). Then couple hours later it's at 40%. Quick recharge up to 60% before I head out, 4-5 hours later down to 40%. :(

Soldato
I'm tempted to go for this but after seeing a certain graph showing the running processes (bloatware) on the S7 compared to other phones I've recoiled a bit.

Is there anyway to disable all the bloatware including touchwhiz or does it need a custom rom to do this as as I understand there isn't much chance of custom roms taking off for the S7?

i use package disabler. There is also a wide variety of custom roms if youd prefer.

Soldato

Care to share this certain graph? Bloatware has been as minimal as ever with the S7 to the point I have not even noticed it to hinder the performance of the phone whatsoever, but I'm curious to see how many bloatware processes are actually running.

Associate
Care to share this certain graph? Bloatware has been as minimal as ever with the S7 to the point I have not even noticed it to hinder the performance of the phone whatsoever, but I'm curious to see how many bloatware processes are actually running.

I haven't noticed any slow-down at all on mine.

Associate
To those asking for the 'graph', it's not really a graph and it's for the S6 but I wouldn't expect the S7 to be much different if not worse.

Can't help but feel that all that processing power is compensating for all the bloat running in the background.

http://imgur.com/yYQQaTt

Man of Honour
20160713_232459.jpg

Got this from Tronsmart today, it's the "Chocolate" fast wireless charger. After long term testing, I've found that both Samsung fast wireless chargers only work properly with the Samsung Adaptive Fast Charge wall plug. They not work with standard QC2.0 or QC3.0 chargers powering them.

The Tronsmart one appears to work with them all as it's QC2.0 compliant and takes a 9V 1.67A input (or 5V 2A for slow charging).

Might be a worthwhile alternative to those wanting to spend less but still get fast wireless charging in a smaller pad.

Soldato
The fingerprint reader on the edge is no where near on par with the one on the iPhone, a few times today it's failed to read my print and made me wait 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom