**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
The other half just got an S7 and seems to have an issue with Wifi using up a lot of battery power. Currently it says:

72% - Wifi
7% - Screen
6% - Spotify
etc etc, so as you can see, Wifi is using up a huge percentage apparently.

My Google-fu skills haven't produced much help except generic suggestions like turning off wi-fi, which to me seems fairly pointless. Yes it will obviously fix the fault, but why would anyone want to keep turning their wifi on and off when they want to use it?

Do any of you knowledgeable folks who have the phone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Associate
Nope, nothing like that is happening.

For example, last night she charged it to 100% then left it on the table. When she checked it an hour or so later it had reduced to 67% battery already.

So it lost a third of it's charge just sitting idle whilst connected to wifi. We have turned off all of the auto-sync options etc, so it shouldn't have been doing anything. I could understand if it maybe lost 1 or 2%, but not that much.

I have never seen a phone have this behaviour before.

Soldato
Nope, nothing like that is happening.

For example, last night she charged it to 100% then left it on the table. When she checked it an hour or so later it had reduced to 67% battery already.

So it lost a third of it's charge just sitting idle whilst connected to wifi. We have turned off all of the auto-sync options etc, so it shouldn't have been doing anything. I could understand if it maybe lost 1 or 2%, but not that much.

I have never seen a phone have this behaviour before.

Factory reset

Soldato
I'm having issues with syncing the pictures I've taken with Google Photos.

My other devices sync with Google Photos straight away, whereas the S7E says waiting to backup.

I've cleared data and cache for the app uninstalled updates and reinstalled it again.

I've even tried to clear Google Play services data but it doesn't sync.

I really don't want to do a factory reset, does anyone have any pointers?

Soldato
I'm having issues with syncing the pictures I've taken with Google Photos.

My other devices sync with Google Photos straight away, whereas the S7E says waiting to backup.

I've cleared data and cache for the app uninstalled updates and reinstalled it again.

I've even tried to clear Google Play services data but it doesn't sync.

I really don't want to do a factory reset, does anyone have any pointers?

Funny you say that mate, I had the same issue

Since I've had my s7 edge, I installed Google photos and it seemed last few months of pics didn't show via the app, even though it says backup complete.

Yesterday I uninstalled Google photo and re installed it , resynced and it said waiting for backup like yours.

I just left it for an hour or so, then came back to it and it said that same. So I rebooted the phone and rechecked an hour later and all pics appeared and backup was complete.

I think google photos having issues tbh

I didn't have to clear any cache etc, just closed the the apple a few times to give it a kick.

I'm now on latest xeu firmware

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Samsung ones are around £30, both very good. Tronsmart and a few others have fast ones out now too which cost £10 less and charge at the same rate with a smaller desk footprint.

Just make sure it outputs 10w and requires a QC2.0 mains plug as an input source. The Samsung ones do not work with standard QC2.0 plugs, you must use the Samsung adaptive fast charger with them which makes their usage a bit more limited/tedious.

Soldato
Anyone updated to the latest Superman rom 1.9.2? Battery is draining so quickly for some reason, 14% or so in the last hour. Can't reply on the XDA forum because i'm new

Soldato
God damp this phone is amazing... wireless charging also works with my spigan case as well

Coming from a LG g3... this screen is better then my x34 monitor and Sony TV I can't stop looking at it lol :)

Back
Top Bottom