**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
Tbh. I don't know if it's me but that leaked picture ^^^ looks like it has micro USB. So, it could well be fake. As i don't think Samsung will use micro USB again for the new s8.

In fact I'm almost certain that it won't be micro USB. But I can't help but feel that "leaked" picture has it.

Edit: is it just me ? :p

No its not just you ...no way would they take a step back to mirco usb after the C on the Note 7

As for the FP scanner placement no no no

If I have the on my phone on desk etc face up quick press of my thumb/finger and I'm using it but with that I'd have to pick phone thats a backward step as well

Last edited:
Soldato
Having a brief couple of weeks with an honor 8, I can definitely say having the finger print scanner on the back, for me, was a right pain in the ***.

Now back on an iPhone, with the scanner on the front and it makes so much more sense. I hate rear mounted scanners.

Edit. Glad it's not just me that thinks that leaked picture looks like a micro USB. It must be fake.

Associate
Having a brief couple of weeks with an honor 8, I can definitely say having the finger print scanner on the back, for me, was a right pain in the ***.

Now back on an iPhone, with the scanner on the front and it makes so much more sense. I hate rear mounted scanners.

Edit. Glad it's not just me that thinks that leaked picture looks like a micro USB. It must be fake.

Zoom in its Type C, it's just the photo that makes it look intially like a micro USB

Soldato
I think it's just the curvature of the bottom that makes it look like micro USB.

Still, that case leak had a micro USB hole rather than a cut-out for the larger USB-C.

If they can put the fingerprint scanner up by the camera then they're certainly capable of keeping micro USB on the Galaxy.

Soldato
I've been back on Apple, for a second attempt with it, since September and I was really hoping the S8 would tempt me back to android again but if this leak is true then that fingerprint scanner placement kills it stone dead for me!

I actually quite like the back placement on the Nexus as it's the natural landing place for my finger on a phone while holding it, that on the other hand would be a disaster. It does all seem a bit out of line between the camera lens and supposed scanner so I too have doubts on how genuine this leak is.

Soldato
I'm going to give then the benefit of the doubt. If you hold your phone in your hand and tap the back of it the top left is where your finger lands on the case. On my pixel I have to curl my finger to touch the sensor. That won't be so with the S8.

Soldato
I'm going to give then the benefit of the doubt. If you hold your phone in your hand and tap the back of it the top left is where your finger lands on the case. On my pixel I have to curl my finger to touch the sensor. That won't be so with the S8.

For me I'd have to completely re-position how I hold the phone to even reach it. For some people I'm sure it would be fine, but I'm pretty sure lots of people would completely discount it for that reason, so really hoping this is either fake or images based on prototype hardware or something.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Hmm, kinda makes it a pita to unlock it when it's on my wireless charging stand.

Caporegime
If I would even consider a Samsung phone in the first place... :p That FP scanner placement would completely put me off the device regardless of what the rest of the phone is capable of, assuming the render is legit :p

5x/6p/pixel is the perfect placement for a fingerprint scanner imo. My finger just naturally goes there especially when taking said device out of my pocket.

Back
Top Bottom