**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
Thanks guys. No not running avast or anything, may have been uploading the odd picture and played a game or two but not constantly syncing from what I can tell. Was trying to use as normal.

Im going to wipe it as soon as I get a chance, but im down to 59% from 8am already.

Just run maintenance again and its closed a few background apps, will see if that helps.

Does google automatically backup all app data now? I was getting ready to start messing around with root and titanium backup before realising it was all already there.

Soldato
After playing around with the s8+ and grabbing my s6E. The edge feels tiny now.

I just hate having to set everything up again. 5 twitter accounts 2 instgram blah blah blah I'll lose a day before its sorted. That and all the banking apps again. Dropbox onedrive....Its never ending.

Soldato
So after resetting and it still getting hot, Three have agreed to replace the handset but will have to wait until Friday before they can get one here which is a bit annoying. Also guess they wont reimburse for the screen protector I put on.

Soldato
So after resetting and it still getting hot, Three have agreed to replace the handset but will have to wait until Friday before they can get one here which is a bit annoying. Also guess they wont reimburse for the screen protector I put on.
If you don't ask you don't get. I sent my Surface to Microsoft which had a third-party glass screen protector on. They ended up replacing the Surface and after I mentioned it they also gave me a much more expensive (than the original) official glass screen protector.

Situation was maybe slightly different as they lied to me and said it arrived with them smashed... It didn't, they dropped it... So were more keen to help me and keep me quiet I guess. But still worth asking!

Associate
I got my update too and it also fixed my display . This is my third handset and all of them had the issue. It's strange I had an update last week that added more options to alter the colours but didn't fix the issue but today's on the latest handset which I only got today seems to have worked.

Associate
I'm still debating whether to have two personal phones; my iPhone 7 Plus and the S8. Does anyone carry/use two personal phones?

Any draw backs?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still bebating whether to have two phones; my iPhone 7 Plus and the S8. Does anyone carry/use two personal phones?

Any draw backs?

I used to one for work and one for private. But I just looked like a drug dealer and it was a pain carrying two phones all the time.

I tried to get a 2nd line added when we were with EE a few years ago....Apparently they stopped those a while back. Other option would be a dual sim phone.

Associate
Another option is the Gaxaxy Tab S3 and iPhone for best of all worlds.

I like both the iPhone and the S8 however, I absolutely need iMessage and a couple of other bobs.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm still debating whether to have two personal phones; my iPhone 7 Plus and the S8. Does anyone carry/use two personal phones?

Any draw backs?

Draw backs? You get to carry 2 phones..

I have an S8+ as my work phone and a Pixel XL for personal. I put the Pixel XL in my work bag but dont carry it with me when i go out of the office. It stays in my work bag or office desk. I just cant go carrying 2 phones with me.
I bought a dual sim S8+ Exynos hoping to fix my problem. However, I cant afford to lose the SD card slot (its a hybrid sim/sd slot). So i ended up not using its dual sim functions. Hope future dual sim phones can have both a 2nd sim and a sd card slot. Another thing is i cant seem to let go of my Pixel XL. I dont want to sell it or get rid of it.

Associate
Another option is the Gaxaxy Tab S3 and iPhone for best of all worlds.

I like both the iPhone and the S8 however, I absolutely need iMessage and a couple of other bobs.

The Tab S3 is a beautiful compliment to the S8. Im using mine with my S8+ and Gear S3. Although it doesnt have the same continuity with the Apple iPhone/iPad combo.

Back
Top Bottom