**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Permabanned
That phone is second hand or at least someone has been using it. I don't think the battery is ever completely flat straight out of the box? Shouldn't have a broken seal on a new box.

Yep, I'm aware of that, I've asked for partial refund.

The phone itself seems fine, but the box looked like it has been through the wars and an unsealed box is always a bad sign. Sadly unless you film yourself receiving and opening the parcel it's not an easy thing to prove.

EDIT: I just received this reply from Amazon, considering the phone itself seems absolutely fine I'm fairly pleased with the result. :)

After reviewing this case in particular, I would also be happy to offer you a partial refund of 30% of the cost of the item if you prefer to keep the order, equal to EUR 203,31. That refund would be credited to the original payment method of the order.

With this option, the item would stay under warranty and you would have the right to be refunded for the remainder of cost of the order at a later date if you should choose to return it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I had to disable that Bixby button, accidental presses are causing issues, pressed it well playing vainglory and the phone screen started flashing and reset.

Can't believe there's even a dedicated button that for rubbish in the first place.

Permabanned
There are third party apps to remap it, I believe.

It's not a feature I think I'd ever use so I disabled everything that mentioned Bixby, not sure I would want to remap it to anything else unless there were conditions as to when it could be used.

Really surprised your able to activate it when using the game launcher, maybe it's just me but the game launcher feels like a step backwards from the version I remember on the Galaxy S6

You used to be able to control profiles for each game, maybe I've missed it but there doesn't seen to be an option for this anymore. :confused:

Soldato
Cheers for trying! I think the pros of root at the moment don't outweigh the risk of Barclays app not working :(

Not a problem!

I can understand that fully, I think if my banking app decided not to work with root I'd probably have to give it all up too, Which I think is wrong, Considering I can use banking websites on an Admin account on Windows/Linux. Thankfully Natwest only disable finger print login.

If I can get round to updating everything tonight I shall let you know. But I know Barclays are on the ball with this kind of stuff same as Sky.

Permabanned
I've had Google's own phones for as long as I remember (4,5,6, 6p) on stock android, so going to S8 might take some getting used to

I've come from a Oneplus 3 so the first thing I did was install Nova Launcher, but otherwise the general speed of apps launching and the interface is just fine.

Unless you run those silly speed tests from youtube which in no way represent normal usage you won't notice much difference in speed.

But visually it's a quite a bit different, maybe more so for me because I've always had a home button previously.

Associate
Finally got my Coral Blue S8. what a beauty! Coming from S6 edge user and bought the black S8 via pre-order for my other half.
I am not planning to buy casing anytime soon :)

Oh, is it recommended to update the firmware or it's best to avoid for now?
I choose to update later when notified earlier during setup.

Soldato
Caved in and ordered one on the 3 £37 a month 30gb contract, along with a Neo Hybrid case and a Klearlook case friendly tempered glass screen protector, hopefully it's all good. :)

Soldato
Does any else's auto brightness just stop working? I turn it off and on again and it starts working again
Mine is the opposite and annoying me a bit. It keeps going to full (or almost full) brightness when in medium-ish light oudoors to "maximise for best viewing" or something... Really annoying as it is over the top bright and killing battery fast! I think it is supposed to learn if you keep putting it down but I don't think it is

Permabanned
Anyone know where you buy the official faster charger for this phone? Just came from my local Samsung shop who never had one.

I've seen one for £25 but it's out of stock and chargers on Amazon are around £12, are they the same? seems like big price difference for the same charger.

Soldato
Anyone know where you buy the official faster charger for this phone? Just came from my local Samsung shop who never had one.

I've seen one for £25 but it's out of stock and chargers on Amazon are around £12, are they the same? seems like big price difference for the same charger.

It's just your bog standard quickcharge 2.0 charger. Any like the Anker ones will do the same job.

Back
Top Bottom