**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Does anyone else have problems with apps crashing all the time on their s8+

Sky+
Google+
instagram

To name a few. They work for a short while then just crash and force close which is annoying.

I even wiped the phone at the weekend but still get the same issue.

The only app I have installed which may be causing it is Adhell. Does anyone else have the same problems or is its the apps themselves which are a little buggy

I have never had Google+ or Instagram crash on my s8 as far as I can recall, could well be Adhell that is causing the issues.

Looks like Amazon it shipped my Galaxy S8+ last night, be interesting to see how long delivery takes.

Says "In delivery today" but that's pretty vague..

EDIT: WTF? just checked and it's been delivered this morning, amazing service from Amazon!! :eek:

Was not expecting that, arrived before the case ordered from Amazon UK. :D

Last edited:
What the? How did you get yours before mine?

I have no idea, I've checked the order and they did charge 10 euros for delivery, I suppose that makes sense.

I checked Amazon UK and based the delivery times they delivered the case and phone at the same time even though the phone was ordered from Amazon Italy.

I'm wondering if they arranged the delivery from UK stock, seems a bit fast from Italy, will find out when I get home I guess.

I have no idea, I've checked the order and they did charge 10 euros for delivery, I suppose that makes sense.

I checked Amazon UK and based the delivery times they delivered the case and phone at the same time even though the phone was ordered from Amazon Italy.

I'm wondering if they arranged the delivery from UK stock, seems a bit fast from Italy, will find out when I get home I guess.

So you literally go on the Italian Amazon site for ordering it?

yes. just like amazon spain, germany or france.
I have to say amazon UK is cheapest 85% of the time, but sometimes, there are good deals to be had on the other ones too (like the S8). delivery is usually 5-7 euros.

Just unboxed and it's not the UK version, so no charger unfortunately.

Also the seal on the box has been broken so I'll be complaining about that to Amazon, the phone was completely dead so it's slowly charging now. Otherwise the condition seems okay.

Can anyone recommend a decent case for this phone? one that's sturdy but slim.

The one I ordered is a bit of a loose fit, pressing the camera or fingerprint scanner pushes the phone out of the case slightly which isn't very reassuring.

Spigen neo hybrid. Great case and doesn't ruin they plastic screen protectors when on.

Only thing I wish it has was a separate cut out for the finger print scanner. Would make it easier to locate with your finger

Can anyone recommend a decent case for this phone? one that's sturdy but slim.

The one I ordered is a bit of a loose fit, pressing the camera or fingerprint scanner pushes the phone out of the case slightly which isn't very reassuring.

I've ordered the official Samsung clear cover:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Dream-Alcantara-Cover-Silver/dp/B01N3AQ4SJ?th=1

Briefly thought about getting the clear view standing case, but I hate having front covers on mobiles.

Just unboxed and it's not the UK version, so no charger unfortunately.

Also the seal on the box has been broken so I'll be complaining about that to Amazon, the phone was completely dead so it's slowly charging now. Otherwise the condition seems okay.

That phone is second hand or at least someone has been using it. I don't think the battery is ever completely flat straight out of the box? Shouldn't have a broken seal on a new box.

Hmm can anyone confirm? I understood safety net apps still knew it was rooted o son such.

I can confirm at least on my Nexus 6P, That magisk hides from safetynet.

I can use banking, android pay, download netflix etc.

The only app that still refuses to work for me is Sky Go. I don't know what trickery they use to detect.

Do you bank with Barclays? That's my only reason for not rooting so far, as Barclays won't/would not work with it.

No sorry.

I have tried to install the Barclays app but it gets stuck on the splash screen when loading. I don't know if it is because i am using an old version of magisk though, I haven't got around to updating it.

I have to update to the latest security patch some time this week so I'll get back to you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom