**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
My s8+ started to play up with charging...
Ned to push cable quite hard in for it to start charging....slightest touch to the cable and it comes out enough to stop charging...
And not always charges in fast charge...

Just got a new cable to see if it's the issue...if not, not sure what to do...
Mine has been like that too. Sometimes the cable just falls out when I'm using the phone or it shows slow charging until I remove and plug in the cable again.

Associate
CRAP ran perfect on mine for over a week, put this new update on this afternoon, all fine so far.

Did the latest last night and so far all fine.

I had this, had some fluff stuck right at the back of the socket. A pair of needle nose tweezers sorted it out.

Something like the pointy bit of a plastic tooth pick was my tool of choice. Sometimes gets bits of debris, fluff or chaff stuck up inside the usb port, stopping the charge cable going in fully.

Soldato
Something like the pointy bit of a plastic tooth pick was my tool of choice. Sometimes gets bits of debris, fluff or chaff stuck up inside the usb port, stopping the charge cable going in fully.
Yeah absolutely, anything sufficiently pointy will do. I'm a bit of a DIY electronics guy so i have upteen pairs of tweezers in my toolbox lol

SpartaK said:
For anyone who wants to change the colour of the bottom bar, I followed this guide and it was quick and simple:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/galaxy-s8-navigation-bar-color-changer-t3655929

Oh that's really not recommended. Samsung limited the colour choices because of screen burn, and the s8 is definitely susceptible to it. It's really not a good idea!

Soldato
Yeah absolutely, anything sufficiently pointy will do. I'm a bit of a DIY electronics guy so i have upteen pairs of tweezers in my toolbox lol

Oh that's really not recommended. Samsung limited the colour choices because of screen burn, and the s8 is definitely susceptible to it. It's really not a good idea!

Crap, thanks for the heads up!

Associate
Is that the latest (fixed) version update, or the crap version. And is that Russian link safe?

I was a little cautious of the Russian link but others reported it OK and downloaded it myself. Yes it's the fixed version that is larger than the previous CRAP version. Baseband is still CRAP after the update. Don't what changed if anything but been on the beta then the CRAP final and now the fixed version and not had any problems. XDA thread...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/galaxy-s8-android-oreo-rollout-resumed-t3753279

I should add my phone is an S8 (G950F)

Man of Honour
The recent colour accents to the latest Swift Minimal Substratum theme has been really nice at smartening up apps like Gboard.

rps20180224_124651_096.jpg

Soldato
I was a little cautious of the Russian link but others reported it OK and downloaded it myself. Yes it's the fixed version that is larger than the previous CRAP version. Baseband is still CRAP after the update. Don't what changed if anything but been on the beta then the CRAP final and now the fixed version and not had any problems. XDA thread...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/galaxy-s8-android-oreo-rollout-resumed-t3753279

I should add my phone is an S8 (G950F)

This only works if you're already on the CRAP version though, yeah?

Still waiting for the OTA update from the last beta and it's driving me mad.

Soldato
How can I turn off vibration in the Amazon app? I don't mind when it alert me PersonX has commented on the same thing as me but i would quite like it if it didn't vibrate.

Weirdly can't find an option in the app.

Soldato
My wife has cracked the screen on her S8, whilst also deciding she'd prefer to go back to Apple. I've sorted her out with a refurbished iPhone 6s, which leaves me with a broken-screened Galaxy S8 that I don't need.

Music Mapgie are offering £95 for them with a broken screen. Are there any more efficient ways to get something back for it? It's hard to nail down a repair price online and I doubt fixing the phone first will be worth the investment. I won't be sticking it on Ebay since I don't want the potential hassle.

Associate
This only works if you're already on the CRAP version though, yeah?

Still waiting for the OTA update from the last beta and it's driving me mad.

I'm not sure. I was on crap update from the final beta. You can probably find the original crap update. Expect I still have it. Might be able to install the last update via recovery without installing the crap update if you're on the last beta release. Don't do it on my say so! There isn't a lot between the last beta and the latest full release so I'd not bother yourself waiting for Samsung to push it as don't think you'd notice the difference. May be a little faster..

Back
Top Bottom