**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
Mine is updating now too to AQDD I think.

I noticed the red tinting seemed to become much more noticeable now so I rung samsung. They remote controlled the phone and made some adjustments to the red tint level.
at -6 it was hardly noticeable - however thats still the lowest setting and I wasn't happy with it.

White backgrounds in certain lighting conditions show up clearly with a red tint, in the bottom right edges :(

Samsung currently arranging a 'repair' - errr, wot. They are so elusive when it comes to how long it will take to 'repair' or if they will replace I've warned them I'm still within my DSR cooling off period and will just send it back to them. Awaiting a call...... whilst also updating firmware lol

Soldato
Yup AQDD has flagged up on my S8 so I'll wait until I get home to download that one :) My device has been so stable from day one that I suppose further stability and performance imorovements won't be noticed by myself :p

Associate
Mighty hacked off. Told by Samsung yesterday my phone was on its way and got a text message from UKMail this morning that it will be delivered today, I later checked on-line to see my delivery slot, but instead found it is "delayed" with no explantion, annoyingly neither have UKMail sent a text saying anything about a delay.
Date Time Message
25th April 2017 08:32 Delayed
25th April 2017 06:58 At Delivery Location
24th April 2017 20:21 Collected
24th April 2017 20:05 Booked/Awaiting Collection

Permabanned
OP
Yup AQDD has flagged up on my S8 so I'll wait until I get home to download that one :) My device has been so stable from day one that I suppose further stability and performance imorovements won't be noticed by myself :p

yeah just send it back, when a software fix has to set your phone to -6 while everyone has 100%, why settle for second rate on a £750 phone?

Soldato
yeah just send it back, when a software fix has to set your phone to -6 while everyone has 100%, why settle for second rate on a £750 phone?

I shuda done it same time as you but didn't think it was that bad until you mentioned it again later lol! - i'm sure its gotten worse though and agree 100% that -6 means theres something wrong hardware wise.

Dodgy first batch? we got ours same time I think....

I'm dreading to think how long this will actually take though.... did they give you an immediate replacement captain or make you wait a few days?

Associate
So I got the S8+ a few days ago. Personally I'm just not really feeling the hype. Physically the phone looks too long and narrow. And still in bright sunshine it's a b*tch to see the screen. Going to send back and stick with my Note 4.

Is it just me?

Soldato
After losing or breaking my note 4 6-7 times last year I have decided its cursed and ordered an s8+.

I'm not really sure on the phone but will give it a try. I suspect I will miss the IR blaster a lot as well as having 5 spare batteries and a whole load of accessories.

The aspect ratio looks weird to me? Looking forward to delivery Friday.

Associate
So I got the S8+ a few days ago. Personally I'm just not really feeling the hype. Physically the phone looks too long and narrow. And still in bright sunshine it's a b*tch to see the screen. Going to send back and stick with my Note 4.

Is it just me?

The Note 4 was so so far ahead of its time that it's not hard to see why... especially swappable batteries etc.

Soldato
Just remapped my bixby button to open the camera instead :D

Some users saying it can't deal with a double press, so does the desired action and then also opens bixby anyway. But I don't seem to have that issue as I never set bixby up to begin with so it never opened bixby.

Soldato
The Note 4 was so so far ahead of its time that it's not hard to see why... especially swappable batteries etc.
Unfortunately since note7 it's now the S series that are ahead and notes are simply following :(.

Hope the s8 will serve me as well as the note did and if not will flog it towards end if year and see what the competition has to offer.

Soldato

Is it just me?

I think this'll be me after I receive my handset. I had a Note 4 also, beast of a phone but I had issues with mine in the end with it restarting randomly, got it fixed and sold and got an s7e. It was a marginal leap forward but I still missed certain features from the Note. I'm now moving from an s7e to the s8+ and rather than hoping the handset arrives asap I'm wondering whether or not its even worth it. Just not hyped at all, I think the Note 8 will catch my interest.

Back
Top Bottom