1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Samsung SM226BW Thread!

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Gun9, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Darren1987

Gangster

was an S panel :p :rolleyes:

2. Scuzzy

Gangster

How can you tell that it was an "S" Panel???????????

3. Darren1987

Gangster

we tested it side by side with mine. and mine is an S panel OSD menu and sticker on the back.

4. Darren1987

Gangster

thats because before samsung removed the info they had only C panels :)

my mate bought one from there hoping it was an S and it was a C panel he returned it got another.. another C panel :rolleyes:

5. bobert50

Mobster

god i've just bought one of these!!

time to pray for a miracle :D

6. gt_junkie

Underboss

Me too! :eek:

Bought mine off Slogan so should be fine! ;) :D

gt

7. gt_junkie

Underboss

Just got it and it's awesome!!! :cool:

Quite an improvement over the belinea i was using! :D

gt

8. bobert50

Mobster

me too :D very impressed

I'm hoping to put up a proper "gamers review" of this monitor shortly, trying to see it in every type of game first.

9. VortX

Wise Guy

Hello, just recieved mine today and i am pleased with it thus far. However I have noticed some wierd ghosting issues. The first one was caused when the RTA option is enabled... It leaves a little white trail behind moving objects. When it is disabled it disapears however the ghosting is noticeable... Is there a way to fix this, a firmware update etc, new drivers? Or is it just the monitor?

10. gt_junkie

Underboss

Mine does the opposite of yours with the RTA setting. With it off ghosting is very apparent. However, with it turned on i honestly notice no ghosting at all.

Are you using a d-sub or DVI connection?

gt

11. VortX

Wise Guy

no no no... the ghosting is apperant with the RTA option off but on some games a white ghosting can sometimes be seen if RTA is switched on. I am using DVI errr... digital is all I know lol

12. bobert50

Mobster

I'm sure this issue came up much earlier on in this thread? by any chance is it a C panel? I didnt get the whole drift of the problem but it sounded like the overdrive is screwed or acting strangely on some of them? faulty? :mad:

This was the first thing i checked on mine and i was pretty relieved.

13. Trann

Gangster

I assume there is still no definite answer to where the unlabeled panels are from?
    Or if they are all the same or not.

14. gt_junkie

Underboss

Looks like that's the case - i was just fortunate enough to get a good one! :)

When they're good they are excellent though!

gt

15. Martyn.

Gangster

Just to be sure, the whole "panel problem" thing only affects the 22 inch versoin of the monitor right?

I received my 206BW today and I am very pleased with it, but if anyone can point me to somewhere which has optimum settings that would be nice...

Cheers!

16. chappie

Associate

Received one of these new shipments today. No S,A,C on the back sticker and the manufacturer information was removed from the hidden menu. I was determined to find out what model I had, so I took a screw driver to it and completely disassembled the monitor. On the back of the internal panel there is another sticker with the manufacturers name - Lo and behold, mine is a Chi Mei (C) panel.
    I bought it because I read recently that all new monitors (with no manufacturer markings) are Samsung. This of course is a lie.

If I had the choice again, I would buy the LG. Samsung have lost a customer for life here.

17. J0hnb0y

Hitman

picked this up yesterday from purple paradise...i notice a lot of bleed at the top of the screen but that is all. fantastic colours, very bright, all rather wonderful...

although what is the beef with 60hz refresh maximum?!

18. byron_hinson

Hitman

So are the ones OcUK are selling now the C panels too - just asking as I'm trying to decide between the 22" and the new 24" one.

19. byron_hinson

Hitman

Well ordered it yesterday for Saturday delivery but so far nothing has arrived! Looking forward to getting it although it doesn't look like it will be today now.

20. fRostiE

Soldato

if its city link then they deliver upto 5:00pm i think !