The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Associate
Seriously good shots Dappo. What 747 model and does the shuttle actually work?

Yup, its the PMDG 747 with McPhat textures.

The shuttle in the first picture is freeware and is relatively good for what it is. You can lauch, fly and land but has a default VC.
The second picture is the Captain Sim shuttle. Although the CS shuttle has a decent exterior and VC,it has no engines and cannot launch. You have to pick from one of three missions that see you try to enter and glide back to earth. You have to get in the air by moving with slew mode and it can become really difficult to control. I have to say its the worst add-on I have ever had and am glad I got it on the bay for pennies. =/

Permabanned
Cloudy and rainy cruise in the Legacy, with a night approach to EGNX

3s90.jpg

rcc5.jpg

0pa3.jpg

re0o.jpg

pr4d.jpg

evgf.jpg

gaf.jpg

0xra.jpg

xzz6.jpg

cyxn.jpg

I've also started ordering lots of new goodies to build a new FSX rig :D

It'll be based around a 4670K, GTX 780 and a 500GB Samsung SSD for FSX

I picked up a second hand Dell U3011 about 2 months ago so this new rig is going to be my new 1600P FSX / Gaming beast

Last edited:
Associate
Cloudy and rainy cruise in the Legacy, with a night approach to EGNX

3s90.jpg

rcc5.jpg

0pa3.jpg

re0o.jpg

pr4d.jpg

evgf.jpg

gaf.jpg

0xra.jpg

xzz6.jpg

cyxn.jpg

I've also started ordering lots of new goodies to build a new FSX rig :D

It'll be based around a 4670K, GTX 780 and a 500GB Samsung SSD for FSX

I picked up a second hand Dell U3011 about 2 months ago so this new rig is going to be my new 1600P FSX / Gaming beast

nice photos

Is that the new Haswell chip? I'm sure I've read that the new Haswell chips make no difference to FSX? Can't remember where I saw it.

Soldato
Ok.

So the pinnacle of best payware aircraft is the PMDG 737, but the iFly is still a very good model.

The forthcoming PMDG 777 should reset the bar. If they're now tweaking with dimmer switches and have modelled glowing brake heat, then we're in for a treat.

PlanG is an excellent freeware mapping tool that integrates well with FSX.

Tweaking your FSX config for best FPS and visuals is an art and there's a link around here on how to do so.

As for Helicopters, I'm afraid I don't know. I thought the Huey has been perfectly modelled in DCS.

Vatsim is great if you want real-world virtual ATC.

Their implementation of the 'master' dimmer is a new feature, dimmers not so much. Same with glowing brakes, they're far from the first add on to do it - FSL Concorde-X springs to mind.

Permabanned
nice photos

Is that the new Haswell chip? I'm sure I've read that the new Haswell chips make no difference to FSX? Can't remember where I saw it.

I'm pretty sure it will give a boost over my current hardware; the Haswell chips will have a better IPC than the Bloomfield i7's

I'm not just upgrading for the sake of it, I keep having to bump up my vcore to keep a stable 3.8 / 4.0Ghz overclock on my 950; either the CPU and / or motherboard is starting to fall over.

Associate
The guys who own the MJC8 Q400 a question please. I downloaded v1.7 but I still get my wheels bouncing the whole time(at least the plane has stopped) also making a horrible sound. Any of you have this issue?

Back
Top Bottom