The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Soldato
Apparently they have another 11 more on order and they'll replace routes that old 747s do.
The article I read said the first A380 would do the L.A. route, but not until October. Seems like a long time for it to be sat at Heathrow though.

Associate
Some help please.....

My fsx has been running brilliantly. Yesterday, I had a nightmare, every flight I did just before landing I get out of memory! and then crash:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I haven't done anything different from a day or two ago. I have had this before and I cant remember what I did to sort it out. I think I did rebuild fsx but don't really want to resort to that. Could it be my cfg file?

thanks..

Associate
Some help please.....

My fsx has been running brilliantly. Yesterday, I had a nightmare, every flight I did just before landing I get out of memory! and then crash:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I haven't done anything different from a day or two ago. I have had this before and I cant remember what I did to sort it out. I think I did rebuild fsx but don't really want to resort to that. Could it be my cfg file?

thanks..

Just a thought, try reducing "Airport Vehicle Density" and the "Land and Sea" densities a bit?

Associate
Finally had an email saying that Vol 7 of the VFR Scenery pack is now at the printers and expected out in 2 weeks or so from Flight Store......

The final part of my UK coverage, the area where I currently live and just in time for when I move from here back down to Plymouth.....

Still, now have the UK covered so really should start getting back into it, has been a while since I put any flying hours in

Soldato
Some help please.....

thanks..

Hey V,

I get this online when flying into a busy airport in London. I use the 'HIMEM' in the fsx config.

I reckon I'm asking too much of my PC, so I may need to lower the sliders when flying into the City.

I hope you get this sorted.

Permabanned
Some help please.....

thanks..

Do you use an Nvidia graphics cardd?

If so use nvidia inspector to adjust the amount of Anti-aliasing used in FSX. AA uses a lot of GPU memory and as FSX is only 32bit it can only access 4Gb worth of VAS and the GPU memory counts towards this 4Gb limit; I used to get OOM crashes until I eased off on the AA a bit.

Haven't had an OOM in months now, and I use photoreal and Orbx, heavy payware aircraft addons, MyTraffic X and 2048 Rex textures and Opus Weather

All my scenery sliders are maxed, except Autogen density which is set at dense, and Water which is set a x2 low

Last edited:
Associate
Hey V,

I get this online when flying into a busy airport in London. I use the 'HIMEM' in the fsx config.

I reckon I'm asking too much of my PC, so I may need to lower the sliders when flying into the City.

I hope you get this sorted.

I was flying Heathrow yesterday which I have not done in a while. I have orbx and Heathrow UK2000 and normally its fine.

I also have the HIMEM in config so not sure.

Doing a Gatwick flight now so will see how that goes. I have the Orbx and Gatwick UK2000.

Again never had this issue.

Do you use an Nvidia graphics cardd?

If so use nvidia inspector to adjust the amount of Anti-aliasing used in FSX. AA uses a lot of GPU memory and as FSX is only 32bit it can only access 4Gb worth of VAS and the GPU memory counts towards this 4Gb limit; I used to get OOM crashes until I eased off on the AA a bit.

Haven't had an OOM in months now, and I use photoreal and Orbx, heavy payware aircraft addons, MyTraffic X and 2048 Rex textures and Opus Weather

All my scenery sliders are maxed, except Autogen density which is set at dense, and Water which is set a x2 low

yip Nvidia card.

Again I've not done anything different to my Inspector settings, I follow Kosta's ones and they work well.

what is your AA setting in inspector please?

As I've said I'm running orbx, UK2000 , PMDG, Ifly , REX, Opus and never had this issue, its's driving me mad lol!

I think it might be a driver issue! While I'm typing this and looking at my screen, within FSX the menu bar at the top is all smudged, the lettering looks blurry :confused::confused: is that driver.

What drivers you using?

Thanks all for the help...

Permabanned
yip Nvidia card.

Again I've not done anything different to my Inspector settings, I follow Kosta's ones and they work well.

what is your AA setting in inspector please?

As I've said I'm running orbx, UK2000 , PMDG, Ifly , REX, Opus and never had this issue, its's driving me mad lol!

I think it might be a driver issue! While I'm typing this and looking at my screen, within FSX the menu bar at the top is all smudged, the lettering looks blurry :confused::confused: is that driver.

What drivers you using?

Thanks all for the help...

Download this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

run process explorer when FSX is running.

Within process explorer, go to the View menu > select columns > process memory tab > make sure "Virtual Size" IS checked.

Monitor FSX's virtual size usage during play, this will tell you how much memory FSX is trying to address, and when it hits that all important 4Gb barrier

Example (obviously mine is so low as its only the FSX menu thats open, not the actual engine)

1bh4.jpg

Could be driver related, I'm running a GTX 580 on 320.18 drivers FSX is all good

My nvidia inspector settings:

4brh.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Mr G thanks for the above, will look at that in a bit. Much appreciated.

Did my Gatwick flight and no issues at all. 30fps most of the way and then once I got closer to Gatwick it drops to about 18-20fps which is normal.

Going to try the Heathrow flight again and see if I get the OOM errors like yesterday.

Associate
I believe FSUIPC has a beep feature you can turn on to warn of impending OOM problems. Might at least give you a warning to save the flight or something.

Associate
So I'm getting and average of about 2,500.000 VS, it did jump up to 3,141.688. I will test it on that Edinburgh to Heathrow flight when all the issues started, that will be a good test.

I downgraded back to the 320.18 drivers plus I'm using your inspector settings now and all is fine. Did get one crash last night but I think I was clicking too much. I was using the LVL D 767.

Stevie I don't use the ENB stuff but after looking at your shots I might give that one a try.

chers

Associate
Was just reading up on the crash myself. Crash landed onto 28L at SFO - Unstable approach, hard landing, tailplane nowhere to be found according to eyewitnesses. Was an Asiana Airlines bird with PW engines so unlikely to be another icing incident like BA38 (RR powered). Strange one, but a nasty one.

On the plus side, the avherald link just got updated saying that there were no fatalities, with the vast majority escaping without injury!

Edit: photos on CNN show debris trails leading right to the edge of the bay. At a guess it would seem like the tailpane hit the water or the embankment with a high nose angle and sheered off. Still doesnt really explain how it got into that situation in the first place...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom