The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Soldato
This P3D looks a bit better than FSX. Do the scenery packs that work with FSX work with P3D? I have FSX and a few orbx stuff. Anyway to the point.

I love flying from East Midlands to the Balearics, in real life and in FSX so apart from P3D what would I need to make my experience better?

I would like detailed airports of Palma, Ibiza, East midlands and the Menorca one (can't remember the name)
I would like real (detailed) weather (real time preferably)
I would like real time air traffic (if it's possible in this game)
And last but not least, some awesome scenery for my flights from EMA-IBZ
Oh and Jet2, Thomson and Ryan Air planes :)

Caporegime
ORBX global base and OPEN LC Europe work in V4 among others, no need to buy again for P3D if you already have them, download the FTX central tool.

Aerosoft do good airports for most of what you need, i have Ibiza X, Mallorca X and Menorca X evolution, all great, UK2000 do great airports and are currently in the process of upgrading everything to P3D v4.

Aircraft wise the choice is yours, depends how much complexity you want, but you will probably also need some flight planning software and navigation data.

The main issue is the above costs, you are probably looking in excess of £400 for the stuff above, but P3D looks better than FSX ever did.

Soldato
I don't think I can face the cost of buying the NGX again! It works great on FSX so I will stick to that I think for now.

I'm only a casual simmer, here's my setup:

19477301_10159094608920160_5713319801543134753_o.jpg

Caporegime
Looks good, two monitor setup is the way forward, the second screen is far too handy for charts route planning / weather / fuel planning etc, this is one of the main reasons i dislike flying a big airliner in VR, you actually need so much additional information the headset becomes a serious limitation.

Purchased the PMDG 747-400 lastnight, looking forward to exploring the freight version in particular.

Soldato
Looks good, two monitor setup is the way forward, the second screen is far too handy for charts route planning / weather / fuel planning etc, this is one of the main reasons i dislike flying a big airliner in VR, you actually need so much additional information the headset becomes a serious limitation.

Purchased the PMDG 747-400 lastnight, looking forward to exploring the freight version in particular.

Without a doubt yes. I just need to find something to put my PC on now as not a fan of having it on the floor. But for viewing charts and flight plans etc it's very handy. I'm thinking of mounting it above my other monitor and seeing how that works out.

I only have the NGX currently, I may get the 747 for the winter when I'll have more time to fly.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Never tried a vid clip before, but here's my first attempt:

Hadn't realised it was quite so dark until now. Will improve that on the next go.
This is a DCS landing practice, in VR, starting from a cold start, then landing on some different size target pads.

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoying my oculus rift in all my flightsims, can use flyinside for virtual cockpit vr in fsx, p3d v4 and xp11, really recommend you all order one at the £400 price point!

Permabanned
Why? Isn't the thread titled "The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers."?

Nate

If you put it like that, but come on Nate, we all know you love DCS and want to see its exposure in any way possible, dont tell us you are not associated with that rotten crew in any way :( SimHQ anyone?

Lets lose the dedicated DCS thread here then Nate, it was going no where here at all, the recent arcade IL2 BoS one as well, but bet if an FSX/P3D mention got slipped on your watch, you would be screaming to the rafters.

The likes of you and that slimey guy called Sith have ruined any real chance of DCS being a wider success, hope you feel proud of your grovelling ways, you have flown your flags from the mast for a long time Nate, we all know your stance ... yuk.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Hadn't realised there were some politics here, apols.
If this thread is just for FSX, let me know and I'll use the DCS thread.
I did think you guys might wish to see some Huey flying in VR

Back
Top Bottom