** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
Dragon mk2 to be unveiled on 29th of may, actual flight hardware not a mock up. Will eventually be rated for human flight, wonder if that test schedule will be compressed, good opportunity for nasa to get a bit of specific funding to speed it up.

Man of Honour
SpaceX static fire was scrubbed half way through the filling stage, no reason so far I can find, but surly must be leak related. So next launch attempt end of may at the earliest.

Injection against ULA has been over turned and they are free to buy engines. Obviously national security trumps the sanctions.

And guys at nasaspaceforum are doing amazing work, recovering the durst stage soft landing video.
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=34597.msg1191559

Soldato
I didn't expect such a pathetic response from the Russians over Ukrainian sanctions. Looks like we're back to a stupid cold war mentality from them. :(

Saw this yesterday, and TBH it's no more/less stupid than the US sanctions, Obama should have known if he decided to play hard ball it may bite him. They have also said they may suspend all rocket engines to the US unless they can be assured they will not be used for military purposes, and the was something about GPS too, I think they said they would suspend the use of GPS sites in Russia unless they are allowed to operate Glonass sites in America.

I am actually with Russia on this, imposing economic sanctions on a country you are dependant on for space travel and expecting them to let you use their orbital assets was always a dumb move.

Man of Honour
OP
SpaceX Dragon is expected to leave the station at around 14:25 BST (09:25 EDT) tomorrow. Live coverage will be on NASA TV from 14:00 BST.

Splashdown is expected to occur about 20:05 BST off the coast of Baja California.

Back
Top Bottom