** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Associate
Yes, that is possible. I think at least one mission did that. If I find the web site for the mission later, I'll post it here as a source.

Associate
Skiing is fairly affordable in NH/Maine.
There are lots of different places to go. It can be icy the further north you go.
There is shopping and most hotels seem to have an indoor pool/hot tub/sauna, etc.

Soldato
The preparation of "Soyuz TMA-13M" which is scheduled to launch to the International Space Station on May 28th:

I hear it's carrying a group of "local militia" who will carry AK47's and wear no insignias, undoubtedly they will turn out to be the locals of the ISS rising up to liberate it in the name of Russia.

:D

Man of Honour
So we find out why the last falcon 9 was postponed, yet another helium leak. Also there was water taken on the dragon capsule on splash down, however doesn't look like any experiments have been broken/contaminated.

They're doing well on recovering first stage. But if they want space to be like planes they need to do more on how to launch and test rockets quicker. And iron out these recurring issues.

On the RD180 will only be sold to ULA if they aren't used on military. Will take about 5 years to manufacture RD180 on American soil. However they have two years supplies and lets be honest, the political shenanigans will more than like be over by then.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

Polyamide based fuel grain has now been chosen to power Virgin Galactic's hybrid rocket motor for the remainder of the test flight program and start of commercial operations.

Man of Honour
OP
A Soyuz FG rocket carrying the Soyuz TMA-13M spacecraft rolls out at Baikonur Cosmodrome:

The Expedition 40 crew members Maksim Suraev, Alexander Gerst and Reid Wiseman will launch to the station at 20:57 BST on Wednesday 28th.

Man of Honour
OP
Fix yourself:

Last week:

On Thursday, Canadarm2 positioned itself on the port side of the space station, near Kibo, the Japanese lab module. Dextre was attached at the free end of Canadarm2's boom.

Starting Friday afternoon, Dextre will remove the faulty camera from Canadarm2's elbow joint and will re-install it on the arm's mobile base, where image quality is not as crucial.

The mobile base used to have a camera too but it broke down in 2012 and was removed by spacewalking astronauts.

The repair will be completed next Tuesday when astronauts aboard the ISS will place a functioning camera on a sliding table inside Kibo and will position it outside through its airlock. Dextre will pluck the camera from the Kibo airlock and will fasten it onto Canadarm2's elbow.

More:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/space-robot-s-self-repair-means-fewer-spacewalks-1.2654405?cmp=rss

Back
Top Bottom