** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
I don't get the robotic arm, what's it's purpose? And that's got to be a fair amount if money to throw away in everyone. There still using Canada arm 2 to birth which means Canada arm 2 can reach it and retrieve anything in the unpressurised compartment. Unless it's just in there fir the servicing satellites and wouldn't be on the iss version.

Also throw away, which isn't the right way to go for a future craft, nasa needs to return experiments and the cost.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
NASA are requesting to switch of opportunity. But I don't get it, their own review says it still has great science to give and us great value for money.
And they don't seem to have a plan of where that money would go instead :confused:

http://www.planetary.org/blogs/case...ortunity-a-mission-whose-time-has-passed.html

The only thing I can think is NASA thinks congress will save it and tag the 26m on top, effectively increasing their budget by a tiny fraction.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Expedition 43 crew, Soyuz Commander Gennady Padalka with Flight Engineers Mikhail Kornienko and Scott Kelly prepare for launch later this week from Baikonur Cosmodrome:

Launch is 19:42 GMT (15:42 EDT) on the 27th.

Man of Honour
OP
Soyuz TMA-16M spacecraft is mated to its Soyuz booster rocket March 24 as preparations continue for the launch of Expedition 43:

Launch is at 19:42 GMT on Friday.

Man of Honour
It's a really interesting bit of research. Iirc he wont be the longest person in space. But he is the only one doing medical research against an identical twin in the ground.

Back
Top Bottom