** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
Was reading up about the ISS last night and came across
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPSEK

And was shocked about its purpose:

Large spacecraft assembly
Flight tests and launches
Creating, servicing and completing inter-orbital tugs
Providing medical and biological conditions required for the rehabilitation of inter-planetary expedition crews after their return to Earth orbit.

:eek:
Do you think this is likely.
Between that, NASA and the private space race. Things could get really interesting in the late teens.

Do you think Russia will stick to the plans? Anymore I depth info about it?

Man of Honour
OP
Three stunners of yesterday’s early hour Soyuz TMA-03M rollout:

soyuztma03mroll11024.jpg

Soldato
Hmm, you can go to watch a rocket launch from Baikanur, can you not? Tack on a trip up to Moscow for a tour of Star City and the RSC Energia Space Museum and it would still probably work out cheaper than a two way flight to Florida* ;)

kJbL1l.jpg

"Our ride awaits! Tomorrow we walk to our rocket and climb the stairway that leads into space. The sky is not the limit, at least not anymore. What an adventure—and I have not even left the planet yet."

http://fragileoasis.org/blog/2011/12/the-pieces-come-together/

*i have absolutely no idea what i'm talking about

Soldato
Wow, what the hell is going on here? I think it's high time for a major investigation of the whole program, because in fifty years of service i think we can safely say that it's the reliable rocket - somebody somewhere can't be doing their job properly.

Permabanned
Wow, what the hell is going on here? I think it's high time for a major investigation of the whole program, because in fifty years of service i think we can safely say that it's the reliable rocket - somebody somewhere can't be doing their job properly.

It's Russian and should work and like you say has done but clearly there is something going with it.

Kinda shocking as 3 people just went up in one yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom