** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
OP
The space view of England at sunset.

This may help:

@Jakub Zizka You interpret this pic incorrectly. Taken on 20110428, 183806 GMT, from near Wroclaw in Poland, looking back onto England. Sunglint in the Sound of Bute, Firth of Forth and Edinburgh upper right corner. All the parts to the left are England and Wales. Ireland in the rear at the left. Southernmost point: Grimsby (in the foreground mist).

http://www.facebook.com/FragileOasi...71418848.42018.124983354211627&type=1&theater

Soldato
3IsBgl.jpg

Fs7UKl.jpg
and this is one of the smaller launchers? :eek:

Doors close on GRAIL, when they open again it will be on it's way to space :D

U01TEl.jpg

Being lifted atop the Delta II launch tower.

GRAIL is set to launch on Thursday at either 13:37 or 14:16 BST

Soldato
That's one thing i've never understood - you always hear about the spouses of many astronauts and cosmonauts being afraid and stressed when their partner is on a mission, and rightly so. But one thing i seem to hear too often is "they'll be happy when i stop flying". How can you love somebody but want to keep them from doing what they love doing?

Soldato
That's one thing i've never understood - you always hear about the spouses of many astronauts and cosmonauts being afraid and stressed when their partner is on a mission, and rightly so. But one thing i seem to hear too often is "they'll be happy when i stop flying". How can you love somebody but want to keep them from doing what they love doing?

I think its more that they just never see them, they are so busy working all the time, Im re-reading Gene Cernan's book at the moment and he goes quite in depth about how little he saw his family which inevitably led to them falling apart. Gus Grissom's wife said when he died that she would miss the phone calls more than anything as thats how she conversed with him mostly after he joined nasa.

Soldato
^ :D

"Some women, Commander Norton had decided long ago, should not be allowed aboard ship; weightlessness did things to their breasts that were too damn distracting. It was bad enough when they were motionless; but when they started to move, and sympathetic vibrations set in, it was more than any warm-blooded male should be asked to take. He was quite sure that at least one serious space accident had been caused by acute crew distraction, after the transit of an unholstered lady officer through the control cabin."

Still - let us know how it is. That book doesn't seem to have the best of reviews...

Man of Honour
Not documentary but subscribe to the NASA channel on YouTube. They release several videos most days. Slot are mission updates. But a. Fair bit of other Inge wresting stuff in there.

Back
Top Bottom