***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Soldato
I'm still playing this about 40hrs in. Its just such a mundane game.

Hardly nothing redeeming about it. Bland boring missions, loads of loading screens.

What is the blooming story line....

I play it but I say to my self this game is rubbish whilst doing it.

TBH I think mundane works sometimes. I mean I don't think truck simulator, or Powerwash simulator are anything but that, yet I can still enjoy them. Sometimes it's nice to just switch off and mess about. In FO/ES for me it was the pleasure of just noticing things and going to the next map marker wondering what I'll find. That was what I missed from Starfield most.

Caporegime
mundane works if the game worlds not totally boring and basically you fast travel everywhere...

there's no sense of journey or exploration.

those truck simulators work because your not fast traveling back and forwards, your role playing as a job and doing all the mundane tasks.

oddly enough mundane tasks c an feel rewarding if done right.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm still playing this about 40hrs in. Its just such a mundane game.

Hardly nothing redeeming about it. Bland boring missions, loads of loading screens.

What is the blooming story line....

I play it but I say to my self this game is rubbish whilst doing it.

I got like this and ran out of steam and moved on after about 50hrs. The start was ok and I was enjoying it but it then quickly lost its appeal. I overhauled my PC especially for this game too! (although it did enable me to go back to Cyberpunk and sink 100hrs + in and get some crazy Skyrim mod packs installed).

Just wait til the editor comes out. Some hero will customise all those planets and it'll make a world of difference

Thats a really good point - huge potential there. I wonder if the game has enough of a following for some modding legends to take it and put half their lives into it like has happened with 'rim and Fallouts.

Soldato
mundane works if the game worlds not totally boring and basically you fast travel everywhere...

there's no sense of journey or exploration.

those truck simulators work because your not fast traveling back and forwards, your role playing as a job and doing all the mundane tasks.

oddly enough mundane tasks c an feel rewarding if done right.

Exactly, even Farming Simulator is fun.

Bethesda's problem (and action RPGs / shooter looter in general) is that they're ocean wide, ankle deep. Starfield is the prime example.

Back
Top Bottom