***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Soldato
I'm still playing this about 40hrs in. Its just such a mundane game.

Hardly nothing redeeming about it. Bland boring missions, loads of loading screens.

What is the blooming story line....

I play it but I say to my self this game is rubbish whilst doing it.

TBH I think mundane works sometimes. I mean I don't think truck simulator, or Powerwash simulator are anything but that, yet I can still enjoy them. Sometimes it's nice to just switch off and mess about. In FO/ES for me it was the pleasure of just noticing things and going to the next map marker wondering what I'll find. That was what I missed from Starfield most.

Caporegime
mundane works if the game worlds not totally boring and basically you fast travel everywhere...

there's no sense of journey or exploration.

those truck simulators work because your not fast traveling back and forwards, your role playing as a job and doing all the mundane tasks.

oddly enough mundane tasks c an feel rewarding if done right.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm still playing this about 40hrs in. Its just such a mundane game.

Hardly nothing redeeming about it. Bland boring missions, loads of loading screens.

What is the blooming story line....

I play it but I say to my self this game is rubbish whilst doing it.

I got like this and ran out of steam and moved on after about 50hrs. The start was ok and I was enjoying it but it then quickly lost its appeal. I overhauled my PC especially for this game too! (although it did enable me to go back to Cyberpunk and sink 100hrs + in and get some crazy Skyrim mod packs installed).

Just wait til the editor comes out. Some hero will customise all those planets and it'll make a world of difference

Thats a really good point - huge potential there. I wonder if the game has enough of a following for some modding legends to take it and put half their lives into it like has happened with 'rim and Fallouts.

Soldato
mundane works if the game worlds not totally boring and basically you fast travel everywhere...

there's no sense of journey or exploration.

those truck simulators work because your not fast traveling back and forwards, your role playing as a job and doing all the mundane tasks.

oddly enough mundane tasks c an feel rewarding if done right.

Exactly, even Farming Simulator is fun.

Bethesda's problem (and action RPGs / shooter looter in general) is that they're ocean wide, ankle deep. Starfield is the prime example.

Associate
I enjoyed it, at launch for the most part, but helps I was running at 100+fps at the time.

Is it worth redownloading after all the updates (I haven't kept up) I had a bunch of skills (powers) I had left to collect and a bunch of side quests.

I just wanted to get through the game as quick as possible, but I did get side tracked along the way with a bunch of side quests as well.

There were a few missions I really hated though, when you're going deeper and deeper underground in mining rigs being one of them, or just repetitive level design in barren worlds.

I can see why some people were put off it from the start, I was there for the story more than the gameplay (which ended up not being as good as I hoped, the side quests were more fulfilling for me there).

Also when does true DLC drop?

Soldato
anyone any good at console cmds, my managing assets has bugged out and the contact i have to kill isnt there even though the locator light is showing him there, ive tried everything, even using setstage and prid 2c9bc2. but nothing works, i want to be able to restart the quest, any ideas
Starfield-07-05-2024-17-56-35.png

Soldato
Todd Howard says this game was "too different" to Skyrim and Fallout and that's why it suffered with players

Too different? It's the same bloody game!

Mechanically it's the same but all we really wanted was a new Fallout or a new Elder Scrolls.

What on earth are those 'powers' doing in a space game? It's a bit like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Last edited:
Associate
Todd Howard says this game was "too different" to Skyrim and Fallout and that's why it suffered with players

Thats probably how he's corpo-explained it to Microsoft.

That and maybe Bethesda have lost touch with gamers? I don't think anyone minds "different" as long as its "good" and "fun to play" :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

What load of you know what. That fella is full of it.

Todd how about you own up and admit you made some mistakes in your decisions from the beginning that led the game down the wrong path?

Trying to do procedural content and ******* it right up.
Poor story.
Getting the leveling up system and character creation completely wrong.
Space in the game being completely pointless..

All you had to do was combine Fallout 3 and Freelancer together and you would have had a winner on your hands.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hadn't played in so long, loaded up my save to realise I had forgotten everything; from what bases I have where, what is stored where, quest progress and even the keybindings. Switched it off again.

Looking at the upcoming update, it's not going to draw me back in yet as much as I was hoping it would. Will wait till the full expansion.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am not sure at what point in the production Microsoft purchased or Bethesda or at least the point where they were able to influence the game. But I think they probably said how can we change the game so it lasts longer for our game pass...

Surely it was not their original plan to do what they did?

Hopefully Microsoft stay away from influencing the next oblivion game. Won't be holding my breath though.

Back
Top Bottom