***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
So for someone that hasn't played this before. How much would you say the current game is worth. Based on the general consensus it's not worth paying full price right?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Depends what your asking from it.

For example if Doom/Doom Eternal appeals to you, i.e. mindless shooting with decent visuals/areas to experience?

Then you can play this like that if you like and just enjoy it for the planets/places you goto and blowing everyone away with big guns, collecting stuff, there's some good missions though, it just depends what you like, and you get the chance to decide how some of the best ones play out...

So if you just play it as a more lighthearted game and don't expect too much from it, there is a fair amount of fun to have, anything that bores you just sack it off and do a different mission/faction :)

Last edited:
Soldato
So for someone that hasn't played this before. How much would you say the current game is worth. Based on the general consensus it's not worth paying full price right?

Most of us on here didn't pay full price on release as it was. Easy to tell the ones who did :D

Soldato

Impossible to answer tbh, value is subjective. The most vocal are the ones who didn't enjoy it (yet some persisted 50+ hours..) and the ones who gave up with it very early on but the legacy is living rent free in their heads so they like to pop up in this thread to just remind everyone they didn't enjoy it, because that is very important :D

Thanks to all who supported the development through their game pass subscriptions though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bethesda dropped a rather large update 1.30.30 - March 6 2024 [BETA] - Although still in Beta it be nice once it is released for everyone else I think. Not playing it presently so wont know how much it fixes but nice to see they didn't dropped a small update, hopefully they keep working on things !

Man of Honour
Bethesda dropped a rather large update 1.30.30 - March 6 2024 [BETA] - Although still in Beta it be nice once it is released for everyone else I think. Not playing it presently so wont know how much it fixes but nice to see they didn't dropped a small update, hopefully they keep working on things !

Mostly minor fixes, but a couple I noticed:

Looks like you can't steal the spacesuit in the Lodge any more.
Holding down the Alt key when in starmap shows the names of all stars.
Undoing a pick attempt no longer costs a digipick.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Mostly minor fixes, but a couple I noticed:

Looks like you can't steal the spacesuit in the Lodge any more.
Holding down the Alt key when in starmap shows the names of all stars.
Undoing a pick attempt no longer costs a digipick.

That is all they seem to be doing. Not seen any updates pulling me back in. That said anything short of DLC would not do that as I have too many games to play.

Man of Honour
So the latest patch does seem to have two new annoying features:

In an effort to fix a bug in the way power in your ship was re-allocated when you jumped (caused by crew members that affected the numbers), what it now does almost every time is set the grav drive to nothing, and everything else to the same level. Which is really annoying since I put far more power into my primary weapons than the others, and every time I have to jump I have to fix it all again. That said, the odds of you being bounced as soon as you emerge now seem to be close to zero everywhere apart from Serpentis (that still works for XP farming). Seriously, it can't be that difficult to leave everything as it was when you jumped? It manages this about one time in five.

And random ships landing on planets ready for you to steal now seem to have stopped spawning completely. The scripted ones like the pirates that always land soon after you leave the Muybridge works are still there, but in over twenty hours since the last patch, nothing else. One colonist ship already on the ground, and only there because it was part of a random encounter with man trapped by monsters. In fact, random encounters generally seem rarer.

Associate
Hey they updated it again. You can now have the scanner open and open doors! slow clap. I'm pretty sure they could have released that update on day one if they were paying attention. I have zero interest in playing it again anytime soon as the replay bit is built into the game, I've played it 1.5 times. Maybe with a path tracing or a ship building update. Then I'd uninstall once I'd finished building another ship coz there's nothing else to do.

Back
Top Bottom