***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Associate
Funnily enough, I've actually found that the faction quests are more interesting than the main quest, I've got 2 more pieces of the artifact and then stopped the main quest and focussed more on the side quests because I dont know who wrote the story/dialogue for the main quest but I'm assuming it was as part of their GCSE coursework in Year 11. Oddly I find the writing in the side quests to be better
Totally agree. I was hammering the button to skip dialogue whenever possible on the main line. This is a bit of a spoiler but I don’t think anyone will care as it’s utter garbage. So when you collect enough bits of scrap you then go find some temple with spinning rings. You float about with little sparkles that appear then disappear when you reach them. After about five mins of this nonsense i googled it, turns out i just had to float into the sparkles a bit faster :o

In no hurry to back to that line at all.

Soldato
Considering this game, will it run good on my setup at 1440p at 144hz ?
3060TI
5800X3D CPU
32GB 3600mhz RAM

Also. If I like Halo, would I like this game ? It looks similar.
I have a similar system same GPU and resolution, I have a 5600x and 3800mhz RAM tight timings. It runs fine on medium settings and DLSS mod, averages around 52-55 fps, drops down to the high 40s in some locations.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Actually not gonna lie, just boarded a hostile ship, and going through that fighting them, in zero G with all bits of junk floating around was immense fun.

There's a random encounter where you find a derelict with malfunctioning gravity, so every ten seconds or so it goes off for a few seconds, then comes back. THAT livens up the fight with the pirates on board. But there's a bit where you need to get up a broken lift shaft, so timing is everything.

Also, I've noticed that the game treats the random abandoned factories etc on uninhabited planets as real random encounters. Fought through one, but ran out of carrying capacity. Jumped back to New Atlantis, sold, waited twenty-four hours to sell the rest, then jumped back. Whole -ing factory was gone. I had a marker for my landing site, so I know I was in the same place. Same planet I found two empty spaceships less than a kilometre apart. No crew on either. I'm playing completely honest, so didn't steal either, but I believe that if I do I need to get them re-registered?

And what's with the computer terminals that say "Press E to use" but don't do anything when you do? Is this just Bethesda?

Associate

F5br1W7WIAEsBMk.jpg
F5br1W5WAAAPFhx.jpg

Associate
I just finished the UC/Crimson Fleet storyline. Those last couple of missions were thoroughly enjoyable. Very nice weapon you get too.

I'm playing on Very Hard due to a gun I picked up early doors 1 shotting everything (and its still not hard at all) but I had to drop the difficulty for those final ship battles as I hadn't upgraded my ship at all (using the Mantis ship) and was getting wrecked. So top tip, upgrade your bloody ship before you get there!

Man of Honour
You cannot flush the toilets in this!

What in the 7 constellations is that all about??

Also, it can actually look really nice at times to be fair:

SQiKnHb.jpg

Scenes like this remind me of the Apple TV show, For All Mankind.

It's a shame you can't turn off HUD but retain the scanner use HUD, because HUD off is much more immersive:

iQkJBJZ.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well, done about 20 or so hours so far, my score for it todate is 7.5/10 (or 75%, whichever you prefer). Its good, sometimes very good , though sometimes less than good, but not Great. I actually dont think its failings are down to the game, more down to the engine, I reckon that what they really wanted to do with the game they couldnt due to the engine and so some things were more of a have to do it this way rather than a want to do it this way.

For me, its very much a game of "on this hand but on the other hand" 's , each facet of the game has positives to it but also negatives which detract from the positives. I think the mod scene will make the game much better ( just as it already has in just these few days) but as it stands right now, its between a 7 and an 8 for me. To continue the Sci-fi theme, for me its a Close Encounters of the Third Kind (good but not Great) but not an Alien (Great) :D

Soldato
Very early for the metacritic user scores but it’s 5.0 at the moment with 58 reviews.

Edit. Fallen to 4.7 with 193 reviews.

Currently at 5.5 and rising slowly. It is normal on metacritic for the review bombers to get the early reviews up first. Then if the game is actually good the score normalises to about 2 below the “professional” review scores.

It is very rare for the early user scores to be high on metacritic. Even BG3 was down in the 6s at first before heading to about 9s for user scores. Look at Diablo IV user scores for some real disparity between users and the mainstream review sites.

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't review bombing some automated/coordinated attack?
This is legitimate negative reviews - so it isn't review bombing?
Ofc it's got political so some ppl would like to call it review bombing when it isn't, so that's not helpful.

Back
Top Bottom