***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Soldato
Nvidia 3080 users. How is the performance after the new driver and with say the DF optimised settings? Will I see 60fps at 1440p with one of the DLSS mods? I fancy an RPG an even though cyberpunk 2.0 is coming out I'd rather wait until I have a card that can do all the raytracing for that. Is it still worth holding off for a bit longer?

Soldato
Nvidia 3080 users. How is the performance after the new driver and with say the DF optimised settings? Will I see 60fps at 1440p with one of the DLSS mods? I fancy an RPG an even though cyberpunk 2.0 is coming out I'd rather wait until I have a card that can do all the raytracing for that. Is it still worth holding off for a bit longer?

I'm on a 3080 Ti, 3440x1440, using the DLSS and performance mods, internal rez @ 50%, looks great and never drops below 60fps anywhere, usually runs around 70-100 (monitor limit).

Reactions: TNA
Caporegime

Whether you maintain above 60fps everywhere will largely depend on your cpu to be honest.

Anything below a AMD 7XXX series or Intel 12th gen will struggle (to maintain 60fps everywhere).

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I got my fighter ship which is really good in combat, but wanted one to lug all my stuff around for building new outposts. This should do it.

SHIP.jpg
This makes me hate the fact you can't look inside ships when designing them even more.

Soldato
Whether you maintain above 60fps everywhere will largely depend on your cpu to be honest.

Anything below a AMD 7XXX series or Intel 12th gen will struggle (to maintain 60fps everywhere).

I've got a 5800x3d -30 all cores, 3666 good latency ram. Hopefully I'll have a fighting chance

Soldato
Just started playing this and doing a quests to find a junction box with no discernable path to it. Why is there no map and why can't I boost? I have the Assisted carry legendary pack and it says it has a basic boost pack.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unlocked the perk?
That'll be it. Thought I had it from my background but must have picked something else. Found the junction box now but quest isn't updating after I power it down and when i go on the surface there is no indication of where I should go.

EDIT
Found it but the lack of a map is really annoying me. Just wandering aimlessly to find things.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just started playing this and doing a quests to find a junction box with no discernable path to it. Why is there no map and why can't I boost? I have the Assisted carry legendary pack and it says it has a basic boost pack.

When you have a spare point, go to your Tech tree and there is the Boost Pack Training Skill. One point there and you can jump around a bit better ! :p

Associate
I'm usually one for getting sidetracked but while keeping an eye on this thread it seems there is good reason to progress the main questline. Should I just stick to the main one for now?
The general consensive seems to be, do the main story a bit, it'll unlock companions and then go do side stuff and bounce back to the main story now and then. Don't focus on just the main story. Alternative is to only focus main story and ignore the side stuff until NG+.

Last edited:
Soldato
That'll be it. Thought I had it from my background but must have picked something else. Found the junction box now but quest isn't updating after I power it down and when i go on the surface there is no indication of where I should go.

EDIT
Found it but the lack of a map is really annoying me. Just wandering aimlessly to find things.

Also use your scanner, it will put arrows on the floor to direct you

Soldato
So, I upgraded a couple of ship parts for the first time today. Just the reactor and shields, and found it dumps all the random junk on your ship into the cargo hold. Umm yeah that's useful, thanks Bethesda.....

Back
Top Bottom