*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
I'm hanging out to see if any deals pop up closer to Christmas on power banks, I'm not in a mad rush for one.

I'm more in a rush for a 1TB micro SD card. The SD card will be my emu storage... but not whilling to pay a crazy amount.

Soldato
Does look good that grey! Deck OLED?
What power banks are you using? I've no high output ones, I think mine max out at 30W.
This badboy, 140W out / in. ~30 mins to fully charge. (Anker PowerCore 24K)

sex1Zvfh.jpg

zf82tEwh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm hanging out to see if any deals pop up closer to Christmas on power banks, I'm not in a mad rush for one.

I'm more in a rush for a 1TB micro SD card. The SD card will be my emu storage... but not whilling to pay a crazy amount.
I'm bought this for £67 'Silicon Power 1TB Superior Micro SDXC UHS-I (U3), V30 4K A2,High Speed MicroSD Card, Compatible with Nintendo-Switch, Steam Deck'
No issues at all so far.

Soldato
I’m not a game dev, but a dev. To me this is not a best practice issue but more a “shouldn’t be possible” issue. This is how exploits and hacks happen by making elevated permissions possible.

Maybe there is something else as play rather than what’s been described, but if accurate it’s a major security issue.

If game pass is only viable from stream, I’ll probably skip but will research some more
I actually managed to get the attention of a Valve employee, who is going to pull the logs from my and the wife's accounts, as in his own words, this shouldn't have happened.

"This should not have happened. Steam should detect that another Steam account's files were there - it's in the proton equivalent of the Windows userdata /AppData/LocalLow/ folder - and save them off to a special location (Steam's own userdata/<accountid>/ folder), then restore them when that user logged back in to Steam and ran the game.

We fixed this a couple of years ago because it already affected Windows as well - if you changed Steam account but not Windows user.

I've requested the system pull up logs from your account and can take a look when they come in. Though it may be that there's more interesting data in the logs from your wife's account - feel free to email me (XXX @ XXX) with both account names (just in case) and I'll take a look."

Given there are people in recent weeks and months in some of the threads elsewhere mentioning this isn't fixed yet, it doesn't sound like the issue is completely resolved yet, and may be more of a work in progress than they want to admit :(

Associate
This badboy, 140W out / in. ~30 mins to fully charge. (Anker PowerCore 24K)

I had my finger on the button for one of those when I had the Legion Go. Not as necessary for a Steam Deck, but could still be tempting at the right price.

Does look massive though!

My Deck OLED, ordered on Friday is on the way through GLS! Exciting times!

Associate
The revision of the Steam Deck 2 will be out by then!
To be honest games like that need to be played on a big screen on a decent PC really.

I started playing Alan Wake 2 on my RTX 4070 last night and crikey that game looks incredible! It’s really getting close to being photorealistic!

Reactions: TNA
Associate
I had my finger on the button for one of those when I had the Legion Go. Not as necessary for a Steam Deck, but could still be tempting at the right price.

Does look massive though!

My Deck OLED, ordered on Friday is on the way through GLS! Exciting times!
How's your tracking looking?

Mines "left the parcel center" since yesterday evening.

Associate
Yea. I would not be playing GTA 6 on my deck unless I had no PC or something.
Damn, it’s been confirmed that it’s not coming to PC :mad:

Looks like the 2025 release date is to coincide with the PS5 Pro release in Q4 2024, so looks like i’ll be buying one of those in around a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Looks like the 2025 release date is to coincide with the PS5 Pro release in Q4 2024, so looks like i’ll be buying one of those in around a year.

Happy to wait. Not buying a console to play that's for sure. Hopefully only a 6-12 month wait.

Associate

How can it coincide with the launch of PS5 Pro in Q4 2024 if it's not out until 2025?

Be nice if GTA 6 comes out end of 2024 of course. I too will be buying a PS5 Pro :cry:

Back
Top Bottom