• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
How can it coincide with the launch of PS5 Pro in Q4 2024 if it's not out until 2025?

Be nice if GTA 6 comes out end of 2024 of course. I too will be buying a PS5 Pro :cry:
Because a lot of people will have the PS5 pro by the time the game comes out.

Plus rockstar will probably want a bit of time to test the game on the final hardware, although apparently, PS5 Pro dev kits have already been sent out to some game developers.

Associate
So not only is BOE producing very poor quality OLED screens on the Steam Deck with dead pixels they are having quality issues on the iPhone 15 now. Really wish companies would stop using BOE as all they seem to be producing at the moment is just crap.

Associate
Ordered mine last Wed night. Arrived this morning.

Doesnt seem to have any issues yet that I can see. Installed some games on it but will give it a proper testing laters.
Pretty quick then, especially as nothing would have happened til Thursday, only three working days.

Here's hoping those that ordered later in last week receive later this week! :D

Did your GLS tracking ever update?

Last edited:
Associate
So not only is BOE producing very poor quality OLED screens on the Steam Deck with dead pixels they are having quality issues on the iPhone 15 now. Really wish companies would stop using BOE as all they seem to be producing at the moment is just crap.
But they are the Best on Earth?? :cry:

This problem is only effecting Limited Edition models as far as I'm aware? Almost as if Valve wanted rid of the panels as quick as possible so that BOE get paid before the ban...

Associate
Pretty quick then, especially as nothing would have happened til Thursday, only three working days.

Mine arrived today (12 business days) and the GLS tracking did update today as it processed through but they didn't advise that they were going to attempt delivery today (nothing from Parcelforce either who delivered it). Interesting that it didn't show up as in the UK on the GLS tracking until 0330 this morning.

The one day I didn't look at the tracking first thing in the morning. Lucky that someone was home to accept the delivery.

United Kingdom
05/12/2023 12:27

The parcel has been delivered.

United Kingdom
05/12/2023 08:53

The parcel is expected to be delivered during the day.

United Kingdom
05/12/2023 03:30

The parcel has reached the parcel center.

United Kingdom
01/12/2023 13:28

Netherlands Utrecht
28/11/2023 11:36

Netherlands Utrecht
25/11/2023 03:30

Netherlands Utrecht
24/11/2023 22:24

The parcel has left the parcel center.

Netherlands
24/11/2023 22:14

The parcel was handed over to GLS.

Netherlands
24/11/2023 19:20

The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

Last edited:
Associate

Yeah another guy from a discord im on had 3 days for his too. The parcelforce link was just In Transit for the few days. I wasnt checking loads but then did get a seperate email earlier today to say Delivery will be today.

Associate
Currently in Morocco….saw a Steam Deck being sold in some random electronic store in a mall, that also sells PS5 for £800!…..the Steam Deck….9999 (Moroccan currency), works out to like £900!!! Didn’t check which spec but even at the top one it is still insane.
They do fetch quite a premium in the many countries that Valve don’t sell hardware in.

Soldato
Mines in the UK. Tracking has 2 listings for the UK, hours apart, so I’m hoping I’ll get it this week. Micro SD Card and Screen Protector sat in my desk drawer at work in anticipation.

The screen protector arrived yesterday and the guy at work who’s fault it is I’ve bought the Steam Deck, he brings it every day to play a game at lunch, currently Hades, asked me to install one for him and he’d order another one to replace it. So I did as it was practice for mine. Have to say that the guide that you put over the SD made it the easiest protector I’ve ever installed.

Associate
Barry is delivering it between 1010 and 1110 today. Oooooooo.

Seems like now the initial rush is over they’re being delivered in good time.
Nice!

Mine arrived in Coventry in the early hours and I'm not far away at all, so hoping I can get it today or tomorrow.

3-4 total days would be ace for delivery.

EDIT - Out for delivery between 1-5pm :D Order on Saturday too!

Last edited:
Associate
Ordered Monday night but not had anything yet aside from the thanks for your purchase email. How long did it take for you guys to get tracking info?
I got a valve email about order being dispatched the morning after I ordered, and handed over to GLS.

Out for delivery too!

Where are you guys getting the drivers name and time? Mine just says out for delivery on parcel force...
I have it on both the Parcelforce email and on their tracking page. Can also see a live image of their current location.

Back
Top Bottom