• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
I got a valve email about order being dispatched the morning after I ordered, and handed over to GLS.

I have it on both the Parcelforce email and on their tracking page. Can also see a live image of their current location.
Jell!

I don't have an email from Parcelforce, and my tracking just says "out for delivery today".

I have had the driver name and a link to live tracking with PF before, but not this time!

EDIT: Now arrived!

Last edited:
Associate
It seems like there hasn’t been a software update for a while, even on the Beta channel. Surprising considering the wifi, BT and performance reporting bugs people are experiencing?

Associate
Just arrived! Earlier than expected.

Just popped it on for set up, fans sound nice and quiet so far and screen quality is lovely. Although I will get a matte protector as the reflections really bug me haha.

Although I got used to the Legion Go larger screen!

Soldato
Just arrived! Earlier than expected.

Just popped it on for set up, fans sound nice and quiet so far and screen quality is lovely. Although I will get a matte protector as the reflections really bug me haha.

Although I got used to the Legion Go larger screen!

First thing I did this morning after making sure everything was working and OK was to put a screen protector on. Much better now it's matte. That was the best result I've ever had from a screen protector, so easy.

Associate
I'm now wondering if I can cope with the glossy screen, it's surprisingly okay. Although true test would be back in summer when it's quite bright, but for now I think it's tolerable.

I installed the Obsidian theme on Decky Loader and it really makes the OLED pop.

Also integrated Geforce Now and Gamepass, a bit more fiddly than using a Windows device but after initial set up it's done.

How are your download speeds? I seem to only be peaking around 300Mbps when I've got 1 Gig fibre and didn't have issues hitting close to max speeds on my Legion Go.

Associate
I've heard the matte protectors make the screen look softer and can mute the colours, neither of which sound ideal on a low resolution OLED panel.

I'm sure I've read that there is a WiFi power saving option which is enabled by default which may be slowing down your overall throughput.
I've only got 80Mbit for now until I can get FTTP of some flavour sadly.

How is game pass on it? I'm hoping I'll be able to play Forza Horizon 5 with it at least! Last time I tried on Deck LCD the compression artifacts made it unplayable for me.

Associate
I've heard the matte protectors make the screen look softer and can mute the colours, neither of which sound ideal on a low resolution OLED panel.

I'm sure I've read that there is a WiFi power saving option which is enabled by default which may be slowing down your overall throughput.

How is game pass on it? I'm hoping I'll be able to play Forza Horizon 5 with it at least! Last time I tried on Deck LCD the compression artifacts made it unplayable for me.
I did turn off that power management but doesn't seem to have made a difference unfortunately. I do remember reading people saying the OLED has some limitations with download speeds though...

Haven't tested out game pass yet, just GFN but that seemed pretty flawless, pretty much felt native!

Associate
Are you downloading to an SD card?
Does it start faster then get slower? Could be a limitation of the stock drive though I'd expect it to sustain more than 300Mbit/sec!

GFN feeling native sounds good! At least the WiFi connection is snappy and jitter free!

Associate

Tried a bit of Jusant on cloud streaming. At first it felt like 30fps which was weird, but I turned up the Deck refresh rate to 90Hz and it seemed to run 60+ fps after that...

Associate
Mine arrive at the weekend and left side controls wasn't working.

Took cover off to find ribbon cable not connected, what a relief.

Fitted a 2TB SSD. Installed Decky loader and EmuDeck and all good.

My first hand held as I never bothered with a Switch and I'm impressed.

Associate
Mine arrive at the weekend and left side controls wasn't working.

Took cover off to find ribbon cable not connected, what a relief.

Fitted a 2TB SSD. Installed Decky loader and EmuDeck and all good.

My first hand held as I never bothered with a Switch and I'm impressed.
Wow, that’s shocking QC!

Associate
Yes, before I opened it I was searching online for possible faults and there are lots of QC issues people are having with their new decks.

I think they rushed these units out before the Christmas deadline and the fact they haven't run out of stock they must have been going into overdrive at the factory.

Associate
Finally got some time this evening to take a look!
My unit appears fine, all the buttons etc feel fine, vent smells lovely.

Glossy protector applied, one tiny hair trapped underneath, grr, but I'll try and persevere as I'll never notice it when the screen is covered with fingerprints etc anyway!

Just installing updates, not even logged in yet, only got peasant spec 80Mbit!

Back
Top Bottom