*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Hopefully numbers will pick up. Next wave of emails on Monday so i guess we'll see then.
That said I've resigned myself to not getting a shot till July

I really wish I pre-ordered the base model instead of the NVMe model, seems there's only about 10-15% difference in loading times, the base model really is the bargain of the century.
Surprised by that. I expected the gap to be bigger also, but was not bothered as the idea was to use it to play indie and old games which would likely not benefit from the extra speed anyway so went base model. Worked out nicely for me. Got 250gb sdxc card waiting here to put inside it which will be plenty for me :)

I’m not that surprised, there is very little difference between my old SATA SSDs and NVME ones in terms of loading times for the vast majority of games in the real world.

512GB and 3 minutes past opening.
Thanks for letting me know. Just trying to work out roughly when to expect mine, but yours was a different model and ordered 7 minutes before me.

I was actually close to getting it ordered within a minute or two but it crapped out a few times on the last page as I recall. I wonder if it is pure luck or is there some skill to getting pages to load properly before others.

Thanks for letting me know. Just trying to work out roughly when to expect mine, but yours was a different model and ordered 7 minutes before me.

I was actually close to getting it ordered within a minute or two but it crapped out a few times on the last page as I recall. I wonder if it is pure luck or is there some skill to getting pages to load properly before others.
I had 10 tabs constantly refreshing from minute 0 until one of them loaded.

i was online before 6pm but i was caught up in all the website problems had it afew times in my basket but each time i tried to confirm it just froze eventually it said i had tried too many times and my account was locked for 30 minutes

after about an hour i was able to order it but then at 8.45pm i was sent an email saying i had to confirm my order as there had been a problem i did this but it took my order from that time atclose to 9pm lol

one of the worst experiences i've ever had with ordering a new product

and valve have never apologised for such a bad pre ordering service

i was online before 6pm but i was caught up in all the website problems had it afew times in my basket but each time i tried to confirm it just froze eventually it said i had tried too many times and my account was locked for 30 minutes

after about an hour i was able to order it but then at 8.45pm i was sent an email saying i had to confirm my order as there had been a problem i did this but it took my order from that time atclose to 9pm lol

one of the worst experiences i've ever had with ordering a new product

and valve have never apologised for such a bad pre ordering service
So you refreshed a bit too much? :cry:

It took me multiple attempts to get my order through. As there was a few pages to go through it would crap out at a certain page and I would have to start again.

Just added mine to cart in steam as soon the page refreshed at 6 and as had the steam funds prepared already to cover the deposit was done in less than 1 minute nothing fancy on my end so it's just luck of the draw.

Back
Top Bottom