*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

IMG-0213.jpg

So far it's charging up. Quick delivery from Parcel Force who taken it over once it landed in UK. Feels great in the hands not too heavy feels well built. The case that comes with it is really nice quality. Mine arrived totally flat so see how quick it is to charge up fully. Nice charger as well.

So far it's charging up. Quick delivery from Parcel Force who taken it over once it landed in UK. Feels great in the hands not too heavy feels well built. The case that comes with it is really nice quality. Mine arrived totally flat so see how quick it is to charge up fully. Nice charger as well.
Must! supress! jealous! rage! :mad:
:p:p

IMG-0213.jpg

Did Gabe deliver it? If not, MEH!

:p

haha he did not. I did have a mild heart attack when it would not boot for love nor money so they definitely still have a few bugs to sort out. Had to hold the volume up and power for about 10 seconds to hard reset it. Plug it in then try power on. Worked the second time so I guess it was having an issue waking from shipping mode.

Congrats! Out of interest, how long after the release time was your order?

@Dave85 has it charged yet? Any comments (and pics)? :D

I am really looking forward to mine, ordered the 512 version back in July '21, expected after Q2.

Not really looking to play latest games, if it plays some of my older racing sims and back catalogue, I'll be happy!

Hoho, turning into a request thread.
Any chance you could fire up something that uses another party, an origin game for example? Or can you add a non-steam game?

Hi,

I have valheim will test it shortly. Asseto Corsa do not have this. I have cyberpunk and red dead 2 but need to see how to get the launchers working. I just got epic games launcher working as want to try tony hawks.

Okay valheim works perfectly. Text can be a little small but otherwise flawless works really with the controls. inventory management is a little tricky. made a small video really hard to do but shows size of text plus some movement. Looks crisper in real life due to compression.

The great thing about Steam Deck is the software will keep getting better all the time. At the moment they seem to be working on it a lot.

I am hoping they get Windows software sorted out in the next 3-6 months as I definitely want to duel boot with that.

@Dave85 How does the screen resolution look like? Can you see the pixels? How does it compare to a switch if you ever had one?

Yeh I hope so too as I want to dual boot as I reckon fortnite and valorant on this along with other esports games will be a big selling polnt. I think the screens is great you can tell its not an amazing panel but definitely on par with my switch. Seems fine for text and games considering the resolution. The speakers are actually what surprised me the most they are quite loud and pretty good for a handheld. If you get pretty close you can see pixels but with it in a natural gaming position its super clear. I reckon if they make a v2 it will be the biggest jump.

Yeh I hope so too as I want to dual boot as I reckon fortnite and valorant on this along with other esports games will be a big selling polnt. I think the screens is great you can tell its not an amazing panel but definitely on par with my switch. Seems fine for text and games considering the resolution. The speakers are actually what surprised me the most they are quite loud and pretty good for a handheld. If you get pretty close you can see pixels but with it in a natural gaming position its super clear. I reckon if they make a v2 it will be the biggest jump.
Sounds good. Yea, I feel v2 of this device in a few years will be the perfect handheld. But this is more than good enough and I am looking forward to Monday to see if I get an email.

I am actually hoping they send out the emails on Friday or weekend so they can dispatch it on Monday.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to share feedback and video @Dave85 it looks great!

Agree with @TNA and the software point, I think it will get better and be supported.

Some of the fun will be testing games, personally this appeals, trying random games in my catalogue etc. Also not having to pay silly money for a game I already own on my PC for the Switch.

Back
Top Bottom