*** The Official Tekken 7 Thread ***

Soldato
got my ps4 copy arriving today cant wait. I put so many hours into TTT2 and still play Tekken 2 and 3.
The PC release looks incredible and might end up double dipping, But the community will be on ps4 and thats the primary concern initially.

C64

C64

Soldato
got my ps4 copy arriving today cant wait. I put so many hours into TTT2 and still play Tekken 2 and 3.
The PC release looks incredible and might end up double dipping, But the community will be on ps4 and thats the primary concern initially.
wouldn't be so sure a lot of tekken heads like arris are recommending the pc version saying its superior graphically and has a better netcode i'd wait a month see how the dust settles as this could be the first time the ps4 is not the biggest playerbase after all this is the first time pc has got it
Ill see how it settles after a month i still think the playerbase will be largest on ps4 though

Last edited:
Soldato
I picked this up yesterday - From an independent computer game shop in Glasgow. I had no idea such stores still existed. Made me so happy!

Anyway. Im really enjoying this game. Once thing I do find annoying. Is the fact I'm unable to connect to other players online.. I keep losing connection to opponents!

Associate
I picked this up yesterday - From an independent computer game shop in Glasgow. I had no idea such stores still existed. Made me so happy!

Anyway. Im really enjoying this game. Once thing I do find annoying. Is the fact I'm unable to connect to other players online.. I keep losing connection to opponents!

Yup, same here on PS4. Thought it was something to do me at the time, then I looked online on various forums.

Soldato
I'm torn as to which platform to get this on.

Option 1: PC, best version at the moment graphically (I have a 980). But the player base it going to be smaller than the Playstation and XBox?

Option 2: Xbox 1, worst version at the moment graphically, but will it get a boost once Scorpio is out? And will it have a bigger or smaller player base than the Playstation?

Option 3: PS4 Pro, balance between the PC and XBOX1 and a question about which is the largest playerbase.

At the moment the thing that would swing it for me would be the size of the playerbase, any way to find out what that would be?

Soldato
This game is great... I do miss the old style Yoshimitsu from Tekken 1, but he still has the moves I enjoyed back then in Tekken 7. First Tekken game i've played since Tekken 3.

Really good game, I did get a little confused with the story as I had forgot the family feud - but I slowly started to remember bits of it.... Overall, this is a great game, much better then Street Fighter 5 on release day...

Soldato
I'm torn as to which platform to get this on.

Option 1: PC, best version at the moment graphically (I have a 980). But the player base it going to be smaller than the Playstation and XBox?

Option 2: Xbox 1, worst version at the moment graphically, but will it get a boost once Scorpio is out? And will it have a bigger or smaller player base than the Playstation?

Option 3: PS4 Pro, balance between the PC and XBOX1 and a question about which is the largest playerbase.

At the moment the thing that would swing it for me would be the size of the playerbase, any way to find out what that would be?

I have a very capable PC and a PS4 Pro - went PS4 Pro, larger player base and the Pro performance has been excellent, I have a PC with a 980ti and would have easily played the game at 1440 60fps v sync but I just think these type of games have larger player base on consoles.. And I played the first games on Playstation so only felt right in the end.. : -)

Associate
Finally got this and its bloody fantastic. Looks great and it plays so well I've fallen for Tekken all over again like I did as a child on my ps1.

Not had any problems online apart from losing lol.

Really trying my best to be good at this so sticking with my fave kazuya and learning the combos so I can do those great looking air combos so my opponent doesn't have a chance like the pros :) any tips?

Soldato
This game is great... I do miss the old style Yoshimitsu from Tekken 1, but he still has the moves I enjoyed back then in Tekken 7. First Tekken game i've played since Tekken 3.

Really good game, I did get a little confused with the story as I had forgot the family feud - but I slowly started to remember bits of it.... Overall, this is a great game, much better then Street Fighter 5 on release day...

noooooo - i hope they aint messed up yoshimitsu - he's my favourite!!!
Between him and Paul you'd have no chance against me :) (yes thats a challenge).

Only downside is I havn't had time to even fire up this game once since release lol! - Bought it and its just sat there.

This and GT made the whole Sony playstation platform for me and my mates
Look forward to getting the boyz round for a good 'ol button bashing session! - This game brings back so many memories :)

Associate
noooooo - i hope they aint messed up yoshimitsu - he's my favourite!!!
Between him and Paul you'd have no chance against me :) (yes thats a challenge).

Only downside is I havn't had time to even fire up this game once since release lol! - Bought it and its just sat there.

This and GT made the whole Sony playstation platform for me and my mates
Look forward to getting the boyz round for a good 'ol button bashing session! - This game brings back so many memories :)

Mate your missing out. Its soooooo good!

When i was away with my parents as a kid and I finally got my hands on a ps1 Tekken was the only thing on my mind after watching bad influence...anyone remember that?

The memories I have of my first time with tekken come flooding back after playing this. Never had that with any of the others....dont know why. Its like a new game even though its still Tekken.

I'm always up for a challenge ;)

Soldato
Anyone using a joystick for this on the ps4? I used to play all the PS3 tekken games using a hori fight stick, but will probably just stick either the joy pad for this. Also I'm being cheap and waiting for it to drop in price a little.

Caporegime
Mate your going down!!!! :) :)

I hope they;ve still got Xiouyu in this - she was my go to character for novices lol :) - always love to slap the other characters around she did x

lol

I'm seriously terrible at beat em up's but I do love them. I normally go Baek or Hwoarang. I don't like the slow moving characters at all either. I'm also a button basher, I hate games where you need to learn a combination of buttons in a certain order, etc which I understand is what all beat em ups are.

Soldato
Bro, go back to the drawing board - baek/hwoarang got no chance genst me counter attacks :)

at one point (think it was tekken tag) I got to a point where i didn't need to throw a single punch or kick. Counter this way, counter that way, jobs a gud un lol.

Can anyone comment on the counter attack system please? I much preferred it up until about Tekken 4 - they nerfed it too much

I could do the 10-button combo's only on paul and yoshi, but I had a good selection of players to be able to counter all types of fighting styles. ah, the gud ol care free days :'(

Lei wu Long - that reminds me!! - he still got his 7 fighting stances? - god, i don't even know if he's still in the game lol

Back
Top Bottom