** The Official "Will it fit" Thread **

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hello all,

I've decided to make this to help quash any worries people are having regarding size and fitting of graphics card in their dinky SFF rigs.

Hopefully people can see what I've done here and post their own personal findings below (hopefully with a picture attached - 800x600 maximum please!)

Also, a good idea would be to explain any problems, or handy tips to help out someone who might be considering a simular setup.

I will start us off;

Machine : Shuttle SN26P

Graphics Card : BFG 7800GTX 512MB OC

Picture : http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5108/dsc010001sp.png

Tips : In order to get the card to fit properly I had to cable tie unwanted cables, and remove the small cable clamp off the side of the PSU

Problems : The card only shows as a 8x PCIe in Nvidia Display Panel but that is due to lack of support in the BIOS on Shuttle's behalf and is easily fixed.

Carry on :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
No it doesnt.. the fan duct from the SN25P doesnt fit in it either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Machine : Shuttle SN25P

Graphics Card : BFG 7800GT 256MB OC (original cooler)

Picture :

Tips : Use Rivatuner to reduce fan noise.

Problems : Only one molex can be plugged into the card. This does not seem to manifest itself in real-world performance.

Last edited:
Associate
Machine: SN45G

Graphics: Gigabyte Fanless 6600GT

Tips: Make sure you get the 250W or 300W PSU, for one thing the cable on the default PSU is too short to reach the card, and you'll need the power anyway.

Problems: DVD Drive gets in the way slightly due to this being larger than single slot, had to remove part of the drive casing to make it fit properly, been running for 3 months totally stable now though. Also, you lose your PCI slot.

Pics to follow...

Soldato
machine: sb75g2

graphics: powercolor x800xt

tips: works perfectly with stock cooler, however fan will need cleaning out often due to the direct air flow.

problems: if you don't clean it out, the fan will die, and trying to find an aftermarket cooler is near impossible, currently running a v700 from zalman with the case lid off.. very quiet at 5v.

pic will follow

Associate
yungun said:
need to know:
SN25P + x1800xt

Got my Connect 3D X1800XT 512MB Card today and can confim that it does fit.

You have to remove the air intake for the CPU as the card is much longer than the X850. The good thing about ATI and the SN25P is that the Fax is enclosed and all the hot air goes out the back.

Power issues... the one flaw with the Shuttle... I had real issues getting it going, it would not start for ages... just kept trying and trying and now it works ok.... fingers X.

Last edited:
Associate
Luck said:
ohhh picies please hamzter.....

Took me a little while, but here ya go...

And you can see here how I hacked away a bit of the case to fit it in properly, the card now only lightly touches the drive.

I didn't have any decent tools for cutting metal when I installed this so it's a bit of a rough cut, works fine though!

Associate
I would like to buy this today - PowerColor ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-048-PC)

Will it fit in a sn25p without too much hacking? The priority is the not hacking, prepared to change card if its easier to anything nividia/ati.

EDIT: I'll answer my own question. Yes after a bit of fiddling and removing the cpu duct as suggested. Fan is a bit whiny though!

Last edited:
Associate
In fact I just played COD2 and the fan really got going. Insanely loud, considering moving to a full size tower again as i'm sure its because its so cramped in there. Any thoughts?

Associate
It can be because the stock coolers are not designed to stand vertically as they do in the SN25P hence the bearings make a No swearing load of noise :'/

Just ordered my x1800xt :D hopefully the noise wont be toooo bad. I've got a zalman vf700-cu which I had on my x850xt pe, I guess I could possibly wack on there?

Associate
Yeah unfortunately i'm idling at 70 degrees according to catalyst control centre! If I can reduce temps then the fan won't speed up immediately when I play games. Would be very interested to see if anyone has this problem.

Associate
omg, it didn't like it. Not enough power :(

Guess i'm the unlucky one, maybe because i've still got a 120nm CPU? :s ahh well RMA time :/

Sorry about the swearing btw!

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
You people should stick with the 7800GTX EE XXX if you want a quiet, yet fast card in a single slot variation :)

Soldato
i wish they made sn95g5s with the pci slot on the outside of motherboard and not the agp, limits us to single slot gfx cards :( oh well, x800 fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom