** The Official "Will it fit" Thread **

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date
Soldato
from the looks of things an x800 should fit snuggly in my system, it doesnt look too long and its single slot yea, just would have been nice having more choice(dual slot coolers) without having to do external modding work

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
@ peetee

Yes it will fit.. I used to have a X800XT PE in my SN95G5 :D

Soldato
think all x800xt pes wer the same with the same reference coolers, all the ones iv come across are except for the obvious dual slot ones with arctic cooler or whatever its called on them, which blatently wont fit in a sn95g5 shuttle. Thanks EVH :) negotiating with someone from US on ebay now $300, thats £170, seems like a very good price to me!

Associate
hi guys i have a sn45g

i want to buy a decent card gfx card in it at the moment i have a silent 6600 in there and had to do know hacking .

i want to buy the 6800gs agp will this fit with no problems?

amx

amx

Associate
not a graphics card, but will an arctic freezer 64 fit in the Shuttle SN26P and would there also be enough room to have a GF 7800 GT, an audigy sound card and a PCi wireless network card?

Soldato
cornyfeet said:
ok will a 7800gs/6800gs fit in an sn45g?
plus will i need a new psu(for either?)

i think its a 180watt psu
thanks in advance

Also interested in this, would like to upgrade my SN95G5, preferably to a 7800GS, its an extended length single slot card, but i'm sure i've seen pics on shuttles website with my model and an extended length card in.

Soldato
Me too, currently I have a 6600gt (XFX state it requires a 350w PSU) which works happily with the silentx250w PSU.

Would a 7800GS (Also states it requires a 350w PSU) stress it? Would it be worth forking out another 60 quid for a silentx300w PSU?

Cheers, Paul.

Last edited:
Associate
Shuttle SB81P

GFX card XFX 7800GTX
fits if you remove the duct for air to the CPU...I going to make a new one to help keep CPU cool

Only been running a few days...so far so good

GJUK

Associate
GJUK said:
Shuttle SB81P

GFX card XFX 7800GTX
fits if you remove the duct for air to the CPU...I going to make a new one to help keep CPU cool

Only been running a few days...so far so good

GJUK

I noticed the temp where a little bit higher so I made a new duct for the cpu fans...from A CERAL BOX...1kg box of crunchie nut.....works a treat :)

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Hamzter said:
Machine: SN45G

Graphics: Gigabyte Fanless 6600GT

Tips: Make sure you get the 250W or 300W PSU, for one thing the cable on the default PSU is too short to reach the card, and you'll need the power anyway.

Problems: DVD Drive gets in the way slightly due to this being larger than single slot, had to remove part of the drive casing to make it fit properly, been running for 3 months totally stable now though. Also, you lose your PCI slot.

Pics to follow...

I have a SN45G with the Gigabyte Fanless 6600GT with the basic 200W PSU. Mine fitted and ran (albeit with a slight slant as the back of the heatsink fouls on the case), but temperatures were quickly a problem (idled at 80'C, hit 127'C in use and rebooted). I rebuilt the heatsink with AS5 (and tried to bridge some gaps with it too, the HS is very poor) and mounted a variable speed 120mm fan next to it (outside the case) to solve this problem.

Losing the PCI slot is a real pain.

Associate
amx said:
not a graphics card, but will an arctic freezer 64 fit in the Shuttle SN26P and would there also be enough room to have a GF 7800 GT, an audigy sound card and a PCi wireless network card?

i doubt it very much, its quite a tall chunky thing the freezer 64

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
amx said:

No, in a word.

The audigy sound card needs a PCI slot and the SN26P doesn't have any.. it only has PCIe slots.

Associate
Mud said:
I have a SN45G with the Gigabyte Fanless 6600GT with the basic 200W PSU. Mine fitted and ran (albeit with a slight slant as the back of the heatsink fouls on the case), but temperatures were quickly a problem (idled at 80'C, hit 127'C in use and rebooted). I rebuilt the heatsink with AS5 (and tried to bridge some gaps with it too, the HS is very poor) and mounted a variable speed 120mm fan next to it (outside the case) to solve this problem.

Losing the PCI slot is a real pain.

Sounds like you just knocked the HS, I did that on mine. After removing and replacing the drives I managed to put a bit of pressure on the HS, so it wasn't in proper contact, got temps around 100 degrees and then a crash, so I just wiggled it a bit and it then worked fine. Mine is currently idling at 64 degrees in a warm room.

Back
Top Bottom