** The Official WWDC 2010 Thread **

12 Days Till WWDC 2010 :)

Added extra details to the OP, including a new rumours list for both the hardware and software updates.
If you know anything new rumour wise, spill it, and I will throw it up there :)

Cool, will just wait and see. Not one to usually go out and quickly buy one, will probably wait a month or so before biting the bullet :)

Anyone think we'll get a demo of OS 4 on the iPad?

Makes sense as it will be coming in a few months so developers can get their apps background aware etc.

Makes sense as it will be coming in a few months so developers can get their apps background aware etc.

I think it will come at the traditional September iPod event, along with an "merging" of the two OS branches and new iPod Touches. *

*This is PURE speculation.

Also, ONE WEEK UNTIL WWDC! If last year was anything to go by, we should have a 5th and final beta of OS 4 tomorrow....

You're making the assumption that OS4.0 is basically OS3.2+multitasking only. They've already stated fall for iPads getting OS4.0.

I think if anything it will be a showcase for software on the iPhoneOS to drive up sales revenue. So the existing iPad and a new iPhone would be a best guess.

They may announce 10.6.4 as they've been having a few seeded betas around IIRC. So this could show itself.

Apple wouldn't announce a new gadget on iPhoneOS or people would be distracted for buying apps for their iPad, or new funky apps for the iPhone.

We'll have to wait and see..

They've started hanging the banners (click)

My predictions..

1. iTunes streaming
  2. iPhone HD
  3. iPhone OS 4.0
  4. Apple TV

Mac Mini updates to follow in the week after WWDC as silent update.

If Apple makes an Apple TV announcement it won't be at WWDC. It'll be at their media event usually held in September.

My predictions are iPhone HD, followed by some more news and features of iPhone OS4. There *may* be some news on iTunes, but I think that'll either be held for September or January.

I also think there will be a brief mention of Mac OS X 10.7 including a reveal of the name. Release wont be until next year though, and next years WWDC will be more Mac orientated.

Some mention must be made of iTunes due to the fact that it will need updating to support features of iPhone OS 4.0 such as folders.

i think the following:

1. Mac Pro Update
2. ATV/MacMini New Solution
3. Itunes Updates/iphone
4. ILife update?
5 Final Cut Updates

What i want

1. Final Cut Updates
2 iLife Updates

Flying out to San Fran tomorrow!

Going to be a fun week! :p

I'll try and figure out a way of tethering my DSLR with Lightroom and upload pictures on the fly!

Back
Top Bottom