** The Official WWDC 2010 Thread **

The WWDC has been a real eye opener as a Apple fan...

I feel kinda ashamed that i own apple products after being at this conference...

Remember that ad back in the 80's during the superbowl? Well...who are the IBM drones now?

It's all so weird here, everyone stays in queues, everyone is either a geek or a hipsta douchbag, you push to the front of the queue and no one bats an eyelid. It's like they are zombies...all of them...all going around with a iPad or iPhone out tapping into the wireless. The last time i saw droves of people like this over a company and their leader was under Hitler with the Third Reich.

Very strange.

What's also weird is that the colour scheme for clothing is black, white and red. Didn't the nazis wear the same colours?

It's just a very weird experience over here and it makes you feel a bit uneasy when you step back and take a look around.

img6291f.jpg

Last edited:
didnt see anybody in the keynote footage wearing white black and red, not in any combination that would make you think Nazi at least.

And in any large gathering, star wars, star trek, apple etc.. people are always going to be desperate to get to the front and push.

I dont know, not trying to argue. Just dont see it myself.

I went in a watched that yesterday. What a utter joke...

When these old middle aged people are talking about real racing and saying it's revolutionary, i just wanted to go up and slap them! It's like Apple just totally forget about the competition. Ever heard of the PS3, Xbox or Wii? Forza and Gran Turismo?

The way apple tout their "revolutionary" apps makes me want to cry.

"Like ah ma gah, FaceTime, i can actually....SEE...the person...i am talking too...on the phone..."

Wow, revolutionary...i'm pretty sure the first 3G phone i had about 5 years ago had video calling on it.

What's next? VoiceTime? A app that allows you to ring a person and stay on the phone for ten minutes without it dropping? What a joke...

No other company charges you over a grand to basically announce to you a phone.

didnt see anybody in the keynote footage wearing white black and red, not in any combination that would make you think Nazi at least.

And in any large gathering, star wars, star trek, apple etc.. people are always going to be desperate to get to the front and push.

I dont know, not trying to argue. Just dont see it myself.

No, no, no, they didn't wear a combination of red. These were the main clothing colours.

The Apple bods wore red apple shirts and the attendees wore black WWDC jumpers.

I think i either wrote it wrong or you have read it wrong. I meant that no one pushes in...no one rushes...i was at the back of the queue of most lines and just walked to the front and no one cared or even batted an eyelid. Just very strange.

No, no, no, they didn't wear a combination of red. These were the main clothing colours.

The Apple bods wore red apple shirts and the attendees wore black WWDC jumpers.

I think i either wrote it wrong or you have read it wrong. I meant that no one pushes in...no one rushes...i was at the back of the queue of most lines and just walked to the front and no one cared or even batted an eyelid. Just very strange.
Thats just rude! :

Maybe your to hench and they didn't want to get involved :eek:

No wonder Apple have an easy time brainwashing them :p

I meant that no one pushes in...no one rushes...i was at the back of the queue of most lines and just walked to the front and no one cared or even batted an eyelid. Just very strange.

ah thats americans for you.

Caring about who'se at the front of the queue is a very english thing. We take it incredibly seriously in this country. In america they dont. I noticed this in disneyland, nobody cared about queuing, it was just every man for himself. And when people did push, nobody tutted or scorned, they just accepted that person got there first and got on with it.

Some of the behaviour in american theme parks would results in people getting arrested here, no doubt.

Thats just rude! :

Maybe your to hench and they didn't want to get involved :eek:

Haha, i'm 6'3" look like i'm 15 but weigh 73kg...so not that hench!

We spent a grand per ticket and i travelled all the way from Cornwall to get here. I'm wasn't going to miss the keynote! :D

The way apple tout their "revolutionary" apps makes me want to cry.

"Like ah ma gah, FaceTime, i can actually....SEE...the person...i am talking too...on the phone..."

Wow, revolutionary...i'm pretty sure the first 3G phone i had about 5 years ago had video calling on it.

What's next? VoiceTime? A app that allows you to ring a person and stay on the phone for ten minutes without it dropping? What a joke...

There is a difference between being able to do something and doing it well.

No other company charges you over a grand to basically announce to you a phone.

You do realise that WWDC is a developer conference. Where they get given courses on how do develop for apple platforms. It lasts a week. It's not just the keynote. Have you ever been on any professional courses? They aren't cheap. You can be looking at £200-300, a person, for an afternoon session from some corporate training companies.

There is a difference between being able to do something and doing it well.

You do realise that WWDC is a developer conference. Where they get given courses on how do develop for apple platforms. It lasts a week. It's not just the keynote. Have you ever been on any professional courses? They aren't cheap. You can be looking at £200-300, a person, for an afternoon session from some corporate training companies.

It's just the fact that Apple act like they are totally oblivious to the competition and kinda brainwash you into thinking Apple is the best thing EVAR!

And of course i know it's a developer conference. I'm sure 50% or more of the people attending, the keynote was very high if not the highest priority.

Last edited:
It's just the fact that Apple act like they are totally oblivious to the competition and kinda brainwash you into thinking Apple is the best thing EVAR!

Yes, that is Apple in a nutshell.

Have you been put off them now then, over the conference thing? Still getting an iPhone 4?

Yes, that is Apple in a nutshell.

Have you been put off them now then, over the conference thing? Still getting an iPhone 4?

Of course i am! :p

My contract has been up for renewal this month so it's great timing! :D

Maybe it's just americans i don't like, i wonder if it'd been different in the UK.

There was a V.I.P. area at the keynote address where the media went...the media get in for free, don't have to wait in line and get the front 10-20 metres of seats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom