***The Officially Official 'Rugby League in 2023' Thread***

JRS

JRS

Soldato
:)

1) Your team? Catalans Dragons.
2) Your highlight of last season? The second half of the Warrington match at Brutus in May. 6-6 at HT, things a bit tight, then we start actually playing rugby and nil'ing them for 40-6 FT.
3) Your expectations this season? Playoffs.
4) Your most anticipated new signings? Manu Ma'u.
5) Who you think will win the league leaders shield? St Helens.
6) Who will be the dark horses of the competition? I'd been saying for a couple of years that I wanted to see Huddersfield back up there, and then they finished ahead of us :D Sooo...Warrington and Trinity both can't have seasons as bad as last year, can they?
7) Likely starting line-up? We'll see once they're finished tweaking the squad.
8) Final league position of your club? 3rd.
9) What (or who) will be your clubs weakness next year? Travel, same as always.
10) Who promoted from Championship? Well, this one's going to be interesting with the IMG-led rebuild. But I want Toulouse back in the top flight.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Mixed news in the TV department for les Dracs. After IMG took over the negotiating of cameras at Brutus and broadcasting of Catalans games, beIN have pulled out. But L'Equipe have stepped into the fray, which for them - normally fans of the other code and until very recently only barely accepting the existence of Rugby League - is a pretty big deal. Now we just need people to tune in and let L'Equipe think it's worth it :)

Sadly, L'Equipe geoblock their livestreams. But there are, of course, ways around that.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Penrith vs. St Helens has been a belter so far. 6-12 with 12 mins to go.

So much for Phil Gould's prediction that Penrith would be well ahead at HT!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Saints take the win in Golden Point ET. I've not stopped smiling about that :)

KR good value for the slender 13-12 lead at HT against Wigan. Both sides playing pretty well.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
14-0 HT at Brutus.

Could have done without Hull FC hurting Rougé, but that's their game :rolleyes:

***edit***

Second half not going brilliantly for Hull yet. 32-0 as I type this. Keighran with the majority of the points for us.

***edit 2***

38-6 FT. Could'a been more.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Wigan 2-12 Catalans at HT.

Occasional spot of handbaggery. Manu Ma'u yellow at the end of the first half probably deserved. Let's see how the second half goes, reckon the conditions will eventually start getting to les Dracs.

***edit***

10-18 FT. That'll do nicely :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom