***The Officially Official 'Rugby League in 2023' Thread***

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Well now. What a Challenge Cup weekend that was.

Huge congrats to Leigh and to KR. A hearty chortle at Saints finding it tough going when not being given a leg up by officialdom. And commiserations to Wigan, I know they really wanted to make the final and do the outgoing chairman proud. Just not to be.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
I can't believe this sport, even with cameras and a video assistant and they still get basic calls wrong, Makinson made that kick and then a forward pass from Dirty Leeds is allowed to bring them back into the game... Still the first half as well!

At least partly made up for with the hilariously forward pass for Saints' second going unchallenged by officialdom ;)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
From what I can make out Paul Rowley held the half time team talk on the pitch? Never a good sign...and I'm a Hull City fan so can remember those infamous Phil Brown days and that Man City away game!

He did. As you say, not a good omen.

***edit***

Gotta hand it to the Salford fans. They came, they engaged, they sang all the way through the match. They didn't deserve to see their team get nil'd.

Truth be told, I'm not sure the team deserved it either. A bit more luck, a bit better execution of some decent ideas, they'd have been in the fight.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
There's a parallel universe where that try in Leigh's match with Wigan didn't get refused, and everything following was different. Hey ho.

Shame for that team, they've played out of their skins all year only to stutter right at the end. But a good showing by KR. Now to see what they can do against Wigan.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
On the whole 'the calls even themselves out' deal...we've drawn Chris bloody Kendall as ref for the Saints match.

We have won one match with Kendall in charge.

One.

I will be astounded (happy, but astounded) if we add to that tally on Friday night...

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Meanwhile in the Championship the two teams contesting for promotion will be Toulouse and...*checks score today*...London?!?!

Didn't have Broncos beating Fev on my bingo card!

Back
Top Bottom