***The Officially Official 'Rugby League in 2023' Thread***

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Leeds too good for us in the second half. Losing May and Goudemand did a lot of damage.

But, we had to lose a match sometime. Now we've got that out of the way - allez les Dracs!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Amusement ahead of Catalans-Saints last night. Chairman Guasch paraded some of his wares, and it all got a bit out of hand:

:D

The match itself continued being a bit strange. It was all Dragons for the opening 25 minutes, except on the scoreboard and we found ourselves 0-12 down. Then we finally figured our **** out and stuck 24 unanswered points past them. A welcome return to winning ways.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Cas 22-46 Dragons. That'll do. Could've done without Keighran picking up that ankle injury though, hopefully he's a quick one to mend.

@TonyM19 - uh...commiserations for whatever was going on with Wigan in that second half against Leeds.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
@TonyM19 - uh...commiserations for the continued Leeds-shaped hangover that Wigan appear to be experiencing. That first half was not good.

***Edit***

That's a bit more like it though :)

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Was a decent Saturday all-around in the south of France. Catalans with a good win over Wigan, Toulouse beating 'fax, and in the other code Perpignan triumphed against Grenoble to stay in the top flight.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Hopefully, I'll be in a position to go to Catalans away next season. The only other time I have managed it, they switched the game to Montpelier (it proper lashed it down for the entire weekend and Wigan lost). I remember being in an Irish bar just off the main square and the bar staff were hurriedly crossing out prices and adding 2 euros across the board :rolleyes:

That's Irish bars for you :p

Leigh will beat Wigan at least once this season - it's written in the stars.

On their day I reckon they can beat anyone in the Super League. They're having a great year and more than deserve their spot in the top flight.

Wakefield, on the other hand...and it's quite painful to watch. Today would have been my pa's 69th birthday, he was born up that way and he'd have hated seeing them as tail-end charlies.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Keighran being linked with Wigan again. Haven't really taken much notice of how he's been playing. Is he any good?

Very.
Is Chan any good? He just seems like another lightweight mobile forward of the type that Wigan have coming out of their ears tbh

He is good. Like you say, I'm not sure he's the player Wigan need right now though.

The vagaries of the salary cap/new marquee player rules mean that its likely that Toby King goes back to Warrington. Pity for Wigan (as he really fits into the philosophy of centres doing yardage) and King (he just didn't get on with Powell at all). Warrington are getting a better player back than the one they let go

Yep.

Meanwhile, y'all let Wakefield get you in golden point ET. Can't wait to see the highlights of that one and find out what happened.

Huddersfield visiting Brutus today. Hope it's bloody warm, we need a 'blow them away' kind-of result to cement that lead in the table now that Saints are getting their act together again.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
St Helens 12-14 Catalans. Nice way to bounce back, even if it was made harder by officialdom. Steve McNamara ended up talking to the match commissioner at half time with the amount of crappy calls Moore was coming out with :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom