***The Officially Official 'Rugby League in 2023' Thread***

Another hard win for HKR last night in a very humid JS stadium. Was a fantastic turnout from the Rovers fans, at least 1500, probs more. Our destiny is in our own hands now with the pressure right on Salford and Wire to win today. Our final two fixtures are Salford at home, which if we win guarantees a playoff spot and Wakey away, whom already look relegated now after Cas beating Hull last night.

Reactions: JRS
Salford beating Warrington made Saturdays game between HKR and Salford just that little bit more interesting! Feel confident going into it though with an almost fully fit squad. No excuses this weekend and strange position for a HKR fan to be in!

Rohan Smith is another coach who is lucky to keep his job. Leeds have some injuries, but they were a shambles on Saturday. Can't see many Wigan coaches surviving that.

I don't think anybody will fancy coming up against HKR in the play offs

Liam Byrne out for the season. That's 3 front line props gone - Cooper, Havard and Byrne. The signing of Dupree is looking like a good bit of business right now. I'd imagine Wigan would be rotating Ellis/Dupree/Mago/Hill. Ellis has been a pleasant surprise (when he's not banned) and Mago has started showing some form (now his contract is up - he couldn't knock the skin of a rice pudding 3 months ago)). Time for Hill to stand up now. He's looked good in the games he's played so far.

Including a fairly tasteless tweet from Leigh saying something like "you're welcome Castleford".

If it were football, I'd perhaps be more lenient to comments like that, but relegations like this in a sport like RL which is not cash rich means peoples jobs are on the line.

Last edited:
Rovers proving that defence eins matches tonight in a tough 12-0 victory against Salford which cements our place in the playoffs.

Nice for SKD to get the send off he deserves, what an absolute legend he has been. Will go down in HKR history as one of our best ever overseas signings

I can't imagine how I'd feel as a Leeds fan if I'd saved up for a trip to Catalan and had that served up for me.

Wigan travel to Leigh on Friday. In normal circumstances, Leigh have already qualified for the play offs and with their relatively small squad you'd expect them to rest a few key players. It's Wigan though. Expect WW3 :)

I can't imagine how I'd feel as a Leeds fan if I'd saved up for a trip to Catalan and had that served up for me.

Wigan travel to Leigh on Friday. In normal circumstances, Leigh have already qualified for the play offs and with their relatively small squad you'd expect them to rest a few key players. It's Wigan though. Expect WW3 :)
I am hoping you do a really good job on them and that Rovers smash Wakey because a points swing of around 35 points will see Rovers finish 4th above Leigh and secure us a home game in the playoffs.

Leigh were tough opponents. I think Wigan were ultra cautious (bit like in the CC SF against HKR) especially in the first and last 15 minutes. French was virtually non-existent as an attacking threat (his kick chase was outstanding though).

The Wigan semi is on C4 on a Saturday lunchtime. That will almost certainly impact attendance.

Don't know if anybody saw the chaos around the Academy GF tomorrow. Should have been Sts v Wigan, but Wigan got kicked out yesterday afternoon and replaced by Wire. Academy had been playing unlimited interchange all year. They introduced a limit of 8 interchanges for the play offs. All the teams were told. Wigan either weren't listening or chose to ignore it. They made 12 interchanges. Fair enough getting booted out, but 2 days before the GF is a bit odd, especially as Wire's season effectively ended last weekend and I presume they haven't been training. Looks like counting lessons are in order for the Wigan Academy coaching team

Back
Top Bottom