The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Most of the world (normies) couldn't care less about musk and twitty twots, only internet nerds seem to be having the meltdown.

My favourite thing is how anyone thinks Musk is on their side.

Musk is out for Musk, and would take every last penny their nan's had, if he could legally convince them to hand it over.

Musk is a salesman, and the first rule of life is to never listen to a salesman.

Soldato
The ACLU backs Elon Musk stating he'll re-state Trump on Twitter.

ACLU Comment on Elon Musk Stating He Will Reinstate Trump on Twitter
https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/aclu-comment-elon-musk-stating-he-will-reinstate-trump-twitter

Below is a reaction from Anthony D. Romero, ACLU executive director:

“You’d be hard-pressed to find a more steadfast opponent of Trump and his policies than the ACLU, but Elon Musk’s decision to re-platform President Trump is the right call. When a handful of individuals possess so much power over the most important forums for political speech, they should exercise that power with restraint. If Trump violates the platform rules again, Twitter should first employ lesser penalties like removing the offending post — rather than banning a political figure.

“Like it or not, President Trump is one of the most important political figures in this country, and the public has a strong interest in hearing his speech. Indeed, some of Trump’s most offensive tweets ended up being critical evidence in lawsuits filed against him and his administration. And we should know — we filed over 400 legal actions against him.”
This is more about operating the Internet on how it used to be run.

Twitter should first employ lesser penalties like removing the offending post — rather than banning a political figure.

which they did...

and then what's next? with their agreement that he should be allowed back, where do they draw the line as to when he shouldn't be allowed any more? is there a line? what happens next? it's all good and easy to say with hindsight, perhaps he should have been temp banned with no end date, or with a 2 month end date etc, but what when he next attempts to cause an insurrection? what if he calls for the beheading of hillary for instance? this whole "trump should never have been banned" talk is just nonsense when they don't address what happens going forward.

Soldato
which they did...

and then what's next? with their agreement that he should be allowed back, where do they draw the line as to when he shouldn't be allowed any more? is there a line? what happens next? it's all good and easy to say with hindsight, perhaps he should have been temp banned with no end date, or with a 2 month end date etc, but what when he next attempts to cause an insurrection? what if he calls for the beheading of hillary for instance? this whole "trump should never have been banned" talk is just nonsense when they don't address what happens going forward.

BLM smashes up the country for months, hashtags, gofundmes, endless positive news cover of the "peaceful protests" - nothing, zero bans, everything is fine - billions of dollars of damage
Trump: "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard." - omg what happens when he next causes an insurrection :mad: :mad: :mad:

Soldato
which they did...

Musk is going back to how the Internet used to be run before the ideologes took over.

So I think the situation will be that unless a rule is broken on Twitter itself then there wouldn't be any punishment.

For the suspensions, if there is repeated suspensions I assume they will increase each time. Maybe double the duration. So for someone to get a long suspension they would have had to broken the rules quite a few times, at which point they can't really complain.

BLM smashes up the country for months, hashtags, gofundmes, endless positive news cover of the "peaceful protests" - nothing, zero bans, everything is fine - billions of dollars of damage
Trump: "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard." - omg what happens when he next causes an insurrection :mad: :mad: :mad:
Is this blm boogie person in the room with us right now? :D

Musk already said that, free for public, but business would pay a small fee, like a few $ a month or so. And a few $ a month for basically millions of potential users of your product/business is a bargain.
I imagine it's a price per month for business but only once you get x amount of followers, such as 1000 followers, then you pay £3 per month, or even, £3 p/m is the starting price, turn of you hit 100k followers it's £15 p/m, 1 million followers it's £50 p/m etc

Permabanned
Musk already said that, free for public, but business would pay a small fee, like a few $ a month or so. And a few $ a month for basically millions of potential users of your product/business is a bargain.

oh I never saw that part.

I imagine it's a price per month for business but only once you get x amount of followers, such as 1000 followers, then you pay £3 per month, or even, £3 p/m is the starting price, turn of you hit 100k followers it's £15 p/m, 1 million followers it's £50 p/m etc

That would make sense.

Caporegime

Where did BLM touch you?

Caporegime

I am strongly opposed to BLM and their violent shenanigans, but you're wrong about the lack of consequences for their side.

More than 1,000 people were arrested as a result of the BLM riots (thanks largely to Twitter data provided by artificial intelligence firm Dataminr, which has unparalleled access to the platform).

Twitter banned a bunch of high profile Antifa accounts, and the account of a non-profit organisation that provides legal support for BLM members. There was also a general purge of left wing accounts across Twitter and Facebook.

Meanwhile, Trump stoked the flames of dissent for months, spread lies about the integrity of the election, and encouraged his supporters to march on the Capitol while he was POTUS. That's not exactly small potatoes.

Trump was impeached and lost his Twitter account, but apart from that he's faced no consequences whatsoever. He should be in prison for what he did, preferably alongside another 1,000 BLM rioters.

Soldato

Of course you completely ignore the weeks of his lying about the election being stolen, how their votes have been stolen and their country is being stolen and they have to fight for it. Is it any surprise that it then ended in a violent insurrection? Trump then sat and let the violence happen for hours because he wanted it to happen and Pence to be taken from the building.

I’m sure lots of accounts were suspended over BLM, it’s just they were nobodies. If Democrats were encouraging violence and looting their accounts should have been suspended.

Race riots are not unheard of in the US. Politicians refusing to accept democratic elections and stirring their supporters up to the point of violence aren’t.

Caporegime
I am strongly opposed to BLM and their violent shenanigans, but you're wrong about the lack of consequences for their side.

More than 1,000 people were arrested as a result of the BLM riots (thanks largely to Twitter data provided by artificial intelligence firm Dataminr, which has unparalleled access to the platform).

Twitter banned a bunch of high profile Antifa accounts, and the account of a non-profit organisation that provides legal support for BLM members. There was also a general purge of left wing accounts across Twitter and Facebook.

Meanwhile, Trump stoked the flames of dissent for months, spread lies about the integrity of the election, and encouraged his supporters to march on the Capitol while he was POTUS. That's not exactly small potatoes.

Trump was impeached and lost his Twitter account, but apart from that he's faced no consequences whatsoever. He should be in prison for what he did, preferably alongside another 1,000 BLM rioters.

I'm not sure you're really comparing like for like there to be fair...citing some hardcore antifa accounts being banned is kinda like citing some oathkeeper types getting banned, and these hardcore antifa types are presumably people quite explicitly coordinating riots etc..

plenty of public figures, and politicians were openly supportive or encouraging even of BLM protests/rits... lots of chat about the voices of the unheard etc.. journalists writing opinion pieces in support of violence etc.. you didn't see them getting banned for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom