The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owning cats = Insecure
Boasting about bicep size in threads completely unrelated to gyms/working out = Completely normal

Gotcha.

Alright man, have a good Friday night. I'll be training then playing the D4 beta.

He is single and he owns a cat. My god man put down the shovel.

If you mean Elon Musk then the Tweet is from 2019 and literally says "we"

Elon's been throwing a lot of shade towards ChatGPT recently. If your wondering why it's because he tried to take it over in 2018 and was denied. He threw a tantrum pulled funding and walked away. Leaving open.AI with no option other than to embrace a corporate sponsor.

Now it's the hottest thing in tech and Elon is super salty about it

Elon's been throwing a lot of shade towards ChatGPT recently. If your wondering why it's because he tried to take it over in 2018 and was denied. He threw a tantrum pulled funding and walked away. Leaving open.AI with no option other than to embrace a corporate sponsor.

Now it's the hottest thing in tech and Elon is super salty about it

He's been speaking about AI being dangerous for years, this isn't something he's just suddenly decided because of Chat GPT

This is from 2017

Last edited:
To be fair to Elon, 20 billion is higher than I'd expected, it could and should have been lower.
It's probably largely made up of IP and physical assets at this point, with an eye to what it might be worth if they get leadership in that can pull that advertising money back int.

Mind you it's a blinder, it takes a special sort of person to overpay for something that expensive and have it lose over half it's value that fast, the only thing your average non genius buys that devalues anything like that fast usually has that new car smell. and I suspect Twitter just had Pine scented sink cleaner.

Last edited:
It's just a number

Just speculation

In a few years it'll be worth 10 times that amount if he does project x

He has to over pay to get it, but watch and, like xrp it'll be worth £10 soon.

All of the above.

I was thinking more along the lines of completely avoiding the fact that all other businesses in this segment have all grown in value but "businesses fluctuate, that's how this works".

I was thinking more along the lines of completely avoiding the fact that all other businesses in this segment have all grown in value but "businesses fluctuate, that's how this works".

Yea well meta went down 75% from ATH, now its down 45% from ATH, businesses fluctuate due to investors being highly unstable.

That is "how this works", just because you take a short timeline in extreme events you cannot compare it to others so directly.

You can check out plenty of other companies, Uber is worth 60billion apparently but its not really, its just investors in uber are donkeys.

Twitter falls into that same category also, twitter was not worth 40billion, and it would simply decline, as uber has, as other trash companies have.

However buying it outright is a different thing, the changes he made are 100% positive in terms that, twitter run as it was run is worth £0, thus any change is a positive change.

The main point here is, prior to elon, twitter was worth zero as a business, the situation now is either equal or positive, but it certainly is not lower valuation than previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom