The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold onto your jimmies, and prepare for The Rustling.
Look like Musk is getting desperate after he has royally messed up time and time again. Not sure how Twitter is going survive under Musk, he seems to be increasing debt and making revenue worse by being clueless on what he is doing. How long can Twitter sustain these crazy losses that Musk has caused?

Look like Musk is getting desperate after he has royally messed up time and time again. Not sure how Twitter is going survive under Musk, he seems to be increasing debt and making revenue worse by being clueless on what he is doing. How long can Twitter sustain these crazy losses that Musk has caused?

Do we have any reports on revenue yet?

Do we have any reports on revenue yet?
Its upto Q4 last year, which was around the same as Q1 and 2.

Q1 23 would be around mid April (probably 10th-15th would be my best guess), I would assume if they report on the same sorts of timeline as a US company of that size would normally do.

Its not sounding like its going to be good news, but the real acid test is a few weeks away. He wont be able to lie about this.

Its upto Q4 last year, which was around the same as Q1 and 2.

Q1 23 would be around mid April (probably 10th-15th would be my best guess), I would assume if they report on the same sorts of timeline as a US company of that size would normally do.

Its not sounding like its going to be good news, but the real acid test is a few weeks away. He wont be able to lie about this.

Doesn't really show much, 2022 profit numbers will be the only real thing that will.

You asked for revenue now want profit.

Keeping that neutrality on display there ;)

But yeah your going to see a first Q of revenue and profit around that date I said.
I asked if there was, I didn't say it created proof either way. But surely even you can see that without a profit number then revenue is irrelevant?

I don't see how I've shown a bias to twitter failing or not here, by wanting to see actual numbers that agree with it.

Surely we can agree that profit is an important factor on wether a company can survive or not?

I'll wait till I see official profit numbers over the next few years before I let my emotions run wild.

I asked if there was, I didn't say it created proof either way. But surely even you can see that without a profit number then revenue is irrelevant?

I don't see how I've shown a bias to twitter failing or not here, by wanting to see actual numbers that agree with it.

Surely we can agree that profit is an important factor on wether a company can survive or not?

I'll wait till I see official profit numbers over the next few years before I let my emotions run wild.

I will bow to your vastly better experience on how to judge company performance.
I mean I am only an accountant with 30+ years experience ;)

Truth is many things are important, individually and as a whole. Any company that saw massive revenue drops (yet to be established) would raise all sorts of red flags typically.
What would be important would be details as to why, is it a new trend etc

I don't think I have ever seen a company that sees significant revenue drop that doesn't see more impact on profit, but tech could function a little differently.
(Typically companies that see large revenue drops have issues in regards many other costs to the business and being able to scale them down in relation to the drop in revenue, physical space, employees, stocks etc etc)

I will bow to your vastly better experience on how to judge company performance.
I mean I am only an accountant with 30+ years experience ;)

Truth is many things are important, individually and as a whole. Any company that saw massive revenue drops (yet to be established) would raise all sorts of red flags typically.
What would be important would be details as to why, is it a new trend etc

I don't think I have ever seen a company that sees significant revenue drop that doesn't see more impact on profit, but tech could function a little differently.
(Typically companies that see large revenue drops have issues in regards many other costs to the business and being able to scale them down in relation to the drop in revenue, physical space, employees, stocks etc etc)

Would it raise so many red flags if there was a massive overhaul at the same time?

Fair enough, I'm by no means no finiacial expert, hence why looking at something that makes sense to me (profit).

Has anyone seen Elon's latest profile pic?

QzVABzi.png

Poor roar he is going to be devastated and will probably say no I meant people without cats are Labour voters and drink IPA.

Have you factored in that he isnt paying any bills, like rent and stuff? That will save him a a fortune surely

Would it raise so many red flags if there was a massive overhaul at the same time?

Fair enough, I'm by no means no finiacial expert, hence why looking at something that makes sense to me (profit).

Yes it would, an in fact a massive overhaul itself would also be a red flag.

Historically many companies would try to use the massive refocus type activities as a way to try to hide underlying problems. "It would have been fine, but we are implementing our new strategy and thats why turnover is down and profits suck!"
Its been tried over and over and it doesn't fool people who understand. Doesn't stop people who don't understand themselves from trying it though.

Have you factored in that he isnt paying any bills, like rent and stuff? That will save him a a fortune surely

It doesn't work like that.

Whether you actually pay it or not is irrelevant in the regard that all liabilities should be recognised in the balance sheet.
Assuming he still has a finance department they would be doing that as a very basic part of the job.
Auditors would also be all over that sort of thing if there we large variations on a year by year basis.
Being private reduces the oversight somewhat, but if you cut that back too far your likely to see an HMRC (in the UK) audit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom