The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Afghanistan. The taliban pay for blue ticks.

I can't afford blue ticks.

I check twitter because it is sold as "free speech".

I see the taliban tweets all high up and recommended for me.

I see tweets from taliban controlled news stations.

I don't see tweets from my neighbours any more

The only information I see now is that which originates from the taliban that they pay twitter to promote.

This is a good idea? Do this again for any poor country.
"It's a town hall for everyone..."

Where only those who pay money actually have a voice.

I live in Afghanistan. The taliban pay for blue ticks.

I can't afford blue ticks.

I check twitter because it is sold as "free speech".

I see the taliban tweets all high up and recommended for me.

I see tweets from taliban controlled news stations.

I don't see tweets from my neighbours any more

The only information I see now is that which originates from the taliban that they pay twitter to promote.

This is a good idea? Do this again for any poor country.

Exactly. Its paid for speech, not free speech. He's adopted the Money is Speech that has infested US politics. I'll just never flick over to For You again.

And the poll voting is totally down to Elon being voted out. What is the betting he does another poll once this is fully deployed and he wins it by 80% considering 80% of those who pay are simps.

Last edited:
Exactly. Its paid for speech, not free speech. He's adopted the Money is Speech that has infested US politics. I'll just never flick over to For You again.

And the poll voting is totally down to Elon being voted out. What is the betting he does another poll once this is fully deployed and he wins it by 80% considering 80% of those who pay are simps.
Expect "for you" to become the default standard (or only option) unless you pay for a blue tick pretty much as soon as Musk registers that people are actively avoiding it.

Expect "for you" to become the default standard (or only option) unless you pay for a blue tick pretty much as soon as Musk registers that people are actively avoiding it.

If that happens I think Twitter will be done for non subscribers, it will be useless to anyone other than them. From free speech to this is the speech you will consume.

Last edited:
It will become just another Truth Social.

What a slime ball this butt hurt guy is.
All the more reason Facebook should hurry up and bring in a better alternative, and, I can't stress this enough, it needs to clearly be very independent from Facebook, other than perhaps the ability to use your Facebook login if you want to create an account

You're right, he has a car collection worth a few $million (though he did sell the McLaren F1 some 16 years ago), which is basically nothing for someone at his wealth, he isn't motivated to go out and earn money so he can continue buying expensive material possessions was my point.
OK bud...

vNCJOg.gif

Imagine being stupid enough to think a narcissistic billionaire like Elon wanted to help do anything containing the word "free" in it.

"Hey guys, you can have free speech at the low low cost of giving me $8 dollars a month! Want even freer speech!? You can get that for $16 dollars a month! The more you pay me, the more free your speech will be!"

Last edited:

freely adverb (NOT LIMITED)​

without being controlled or limited:
For the first time in months she could move freely.
Exotic foods are freely available in supermarkets.
She freely (= willingly) admits that she's not as fast a runner as she used to be.
We encourage the victims to talk freely (= talk a lot and honestly) about their
experiences

Hint, does NOT mean exotic foods are free of charge in supermarkets....

One thing I have come to learn is the liberal left aren't very good at putting their hands in their pockets.... <LOL>

Musk has a long way to go before he can honestly claim Twitter is a bastion of free speech. The best place for that is Gab. They'll let you say anything as long as it's not illegal under US law, and that's a pretty broad spectrum. I don't like Andrew Torba, but it's hard to deny he offers the freest social media platform available.

Last edited:
Hint, does NOT mean exotic foods are free of charge in supermarkets.
God I miss the days when trump supporters would defend trump one day, bending to explain what nonsense he had been doing, only to have trump just totally do/say the opposite thing the next day, and then those same simps have to now try and rejustify the latest thing, even though it clearly contradicts everything they were just saying.

Chris's post is a reminder of just that.

"when he said free speech he didn't mean free speech"

Any way, either way of what Elon meant, twitter is no longer free speech based on what Chris has said. Time for better alternatives seems to be the obvious answer. Elon has some how managed to half the value of a company in 6 months, and create a space perfect for competitors to fill.

What's extra stupid about this idea, is that it's sold as the answer to the bots issue, when in reality, what every day user has an issue with bots? What he's done is create a problem, while trying to solve the non issue of bots .

Last edited:
Musk's choice of the word "free" was probably not very foresighted as there will be those, as can be seen in this thread, that latched onto it meaning without cost. (Quite probably to suit their agenda). Such are the nuances of the English language.

I can sense the angst and rising blood pressures as the possibility of Trump returning to the White House sinks in, keep calm, he'll be thousands of miles away, you'll be quite safe <LOL>

OK bud...

vNCJOg.gif

Someone worth $191,000,000,000 has a car collection worth around $3,000,000, apparently buying more cars is his motivation in life though, despite the fact he buys almost nothing. If I had $191bn I'd probably own a single Bugatti worth more than his entire car collection lmao

He generally isn't running companies because he cares about earning money, he doesn't buy yachts or expensive cars or own a house, - I think the only lavish thing he does is have a private jet, which is for his business

You're right, he has a car collection worth a few $million (though he did sell the McLaren F1 some 16 years ago), which is basically nothing for someone at his wealth, he isn't motivated to go out and earn money so he can continue buying expensive material possessions was my point.

How much about Musk do you actually really know?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom