The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paying for free speech is incredibly funny.

There's both language juggling and the basic fact that installing a barrier where there was none requires no wordplay at all.

The reason for this clearly flawed approach is refugees I need the money guys surely I can't lose polls if a sub is required completely opaque.

Scapegoat for these shenanigans are AI bots.

That's right, something that can never be checked to see how much BS it contains :)

Someone worth $191,000,000,000 has a car collection worth around $3,000,000, apparently buying more cars is his motivation in life though, despite the fact he buys almost nothing. If I had $191bn I'd probably own a single Bugatti worth more than his entire car collection lmao
OK bud...

backpedal-dog.gif

How much about Musk do you actually really know?
For the amount of white knighting, not a lot.

Edit - I just hope Roar starts fact checking what they regurgitate as i'm going to run out of back pedalling gifs at this rate :(

Last edited:
Paying for free speech is incredibly funny.

There's both language juggling and the basic fact that installing a barrier where there was none requires no wordplay at all.

The reason for this clearly flawed approach is refugees I need the money guys surely I can't lose polls if a sub is required completely opaque.

Scapegoat for these shenanigans are AI bots.

That's right, something that can never be checked to see how much BS it contains :)
The bots will of course still exist except it only be tyrannical governments and hostile countries weaponizing it with zero recourse. Musk has clearly just used this 'freedom' BS not as some principled act but just to cover for the fact that he actually really likes authoritarians.

Last edited:
The bots will of course still exist except it only be tyrannical governments and hostile countries weaponizing it with zero recourse. Musk has clearly just used this 'freedom' BS not as some principled act but just to cover for the fact that he actually really likes authoritarians.

It won't just be other governments abusing bots it will be crypto Bros, regular scammers and political propaganda spammers.

Musk's choice of the word "free" was probably not very foresighted as there will be those, as can be seen in this thread, that latched onto it meaning without cost. (Quite probably to suit their agenda). Such are the nuances of the English language.

I can sense the angst and rising blood pressures as the possibility of Trump returning to the White House sinks in, keep calm, he'll be thousands of miles away, you'll be quite safe <LOL>

I assume he meant free speech in the classical sense. The problem is he has now limited the speech of people who don't pay him $8 a month. They won't be able to take part in polls, their posts will be buried and not seen and their timelines filled only with people who do pay. How is that free speech? Its speech for $.

If it was just offering things like longer form tweets, edit button, longer videos etc for the subscription then fine but to make non subscribers virtually invisible on the platform isn't free speech and its just makes it an echo chamber.

I assume he meant free speech in the classical sense. The problem is he has now limited the speech of people who don't pay him $8 a month. They won't be able to take part in polls, their posts will be buried and not seen and their timelines filled only with people who do pay. How is that free speech? Its speech for $.

If it was just offering things like longer form tweets, edit button, longer videos etc for the subscription then fine but to make non subscribers virtually invisible on the platform isn't free speech and its just makes it an echo chamber.

The large problem for any social media company, and one which will only get worse with AI Language models, is bots, and how to filter genuine posts made by a real human versus one's made by bots. Basically any system you create will be circumvented by bots, except one's that require the user to pay a fee.

The large problem for any social media company, and one which will only get worse with AI Language models, is bots, and how to filter genuine posts made by a real human versus one's made by bots. Basically any system you create will be circumvented by bots, except one's that require the user to pay a fee.

?

No, it just means those that have the most money can have the most bots.

Should've thought about that before he offered to buy it.

People need to decide what to prioritise, whether to pay to have their insightful Twitters sent across the globe, or, well, perhaps to pay for stuff like this? ;)

Aorus Z590 Master, 10900k, 32gb G-Skill 3600, Nvidia 4090FE
Dual custom loops, Thermaltake Tower 900.
LG C1 49" OLED

1 cent wouldn't increase bot cost by 10,000% then would it. Obviously a sliding scale to it, so 1 cent per account bot farms wouldn't seem like it would achieve much

I mean you seem to have missed everything else associated with it for the end user.

This is just him crying about being voted out of office.

Last edited:
1 cent wouldn't increase bot cost by 10,000% then would it. Obviously a sliding scale to it, so 1 cent per account bot farms wouldn't seem like it would achieve much for Twitter if it's goal is to reduce trolling
But it would ibdebtit bots by phone and cc clustering obviously.

So the £8 per month charge isn't there as a solution to bots, clearly, given the tweet you quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom