The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also just made scammers much more visible. Scamming makes a lot of cash so $8 won't be problem and now they will promoted above all the other uses. More eyes more money for them. Especially since it seems some people will hand over cc details to anyone

Last edited:
Would be pretty funny if Facebook and Insta start charging people for accounts.

He also just made scammers much more visible. Scamming makes a lot of cash so $8 won't be problem and now they will promoted above all the other uses. More eyes more money for them. Especially since it seems some people will hand over cc details to anyone

Well if they do scam, KYC will help find the culprit won't it.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Shib/doge bros will love to be promoted for £8 per month.
What? How is that an answer?
Facebook, Google, snap, insta all do it for free. See how your question was not a question worthy of more than a quick answer of so what?

Every one should remember that just last week, trusty decided he was speaking for all republicans, and then ran away when questioned on it. This is also the same user that thinks Elon is going to magically flip twitter and make it 10 times the value.

Last edited:
Buying something online is not KYC. afik there's no requirements for any upload of proof of identity

Literally is. It becomes far easier to identify and catch people using CC details online.

Last edited:
I gave you an example of a social tech company charging. Are you just as outraged about Linkedin? Guessing not. It's complete hypocrisy.
Erm as I understand it Linkedin is meant to be for professionals making contacts for jobs etc, it's not like the other social media networks and is far more restrictive than most.

I'm seeing more and more people who may not be "top tier" for followers, but certainly mid tier moving up their plans to move over to the social networks that seem to be run by people who understand what a social network is.
Twitter looks like for a non political user or someone who enjoys something other than outrage and paid promotions a lot more boring and less appealing.

Literally is. It becomes far easier to identify and catch people using CC details online.

You're assuming that:
Musk doesn't ban one use codes, pre paid cards and the like.
That Musk bothers to implement proper CC verification steps.

Also given how little Musk seems to care for minor things like the law and contracts I wouldn't be handing over my card details to a company he's running based on his momentary whims, as I wouldn't trust him to do basic security on the data (we already know he's more than willing to share people's personal communications).
I can quite see Twitter getting blocked by payment providers within months due to the number of stolen card numbers being used to pay for bots.

And its the direction Twitter wants to move. Less free for all and towards more seriousness.
And thus move away from the very thing that made twitter popular...

If that is the reason then musk is a bigger fool than I thought, as it shows not only does he not understand how twitter made money, but why twitter was popular, and how he's going to fail utterly given the sort of people he's been courting are not serious at all, many of them are barely on the same plane of reality as the bulk of the human population.

You're assuming that:
Musk doesn't ban one use codes, pre paid cards and the like.
That Musk bothers to implement proper CC verification steps.

Also given how little Musk seems to care for minor things like the law and contracts I wouldn't be handing over my card details to a company he's running based on his momentary whims, as I wouldn't trust him to do basic security on the data (we already know he's more than willing to share people's personal communications).
I can quite see Twitter getting blocked by payment providers within months due to the number of stolen card numbers being used to pay for bots.

There is levels to it isn't there. Will there be no fraud or troll bot accounts going forward due to these changes? No. There will still be numerous stories of it.
But it'll it reduce the instances of it. It'll reduce the total it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom