The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but the numbers are clear. You've tried to spin and dismiss criticism towards twitter, and everyone has see that. I'm fairly confident in my position given how many others share it, and your avoidance of saying how much you pay your employer so that you can go to work.

If you wanna believe Youtube and Twitter aren't middlemen. Go for it, live in a fantasy.

Taking 30% of superchat donations isnt taking a cut?
You can argue all you like about the technicalities of 'taking a cut' if you want. I suppose it is useful if you want to divert attention away from the fact the platform moves money into it's own pocket for profit and maintenance.

Well your the one who inserted the vague term taking a cut. But its because your squirming all over and can't understand how they are different.
Superchat is "taking a cut" yes its their OTT fee for proving that part of the service.
Superchat is really a different service though when comparing the traditional youtube model.

It still doesn't make them the same however.

Twitter is pay to play.
Youtube is play now, reward later, maybe.
There is zero fee to a hell of a high percentage of youtube content creators who never make it past the threshold to moneytise their channel. Forget superchat, just the basic getting enough people to watch their content to see anything at all from Youtube.
You cannot take a cut from nothing ;)

Without the consumers and creators, Youtube wouldn't get the revenue either. Youtube is the middleman.

Twitter is a middleman also, so they want to take a cut. I do think people are being deliberately obtuse over this.

Money flow in YouTube world...

Consumers>>Advertisers>>YouTube >>Creators

Money flow in Twitter world.

Consumers>>Advertisers>>Twitter
AND
Consumers>>Creators.

Well your the one who inserted the vague term taking a cut. But its because your squirming all over and can't understand how they are different.
Superchat is "taking a cut" yes its their OTT fee for proving that part of the service.
Superchat is really a different service though when comparing the traditional youtube model.

It still doesn't make them the same however.

Twitter is pay to play.
Youtube is play now, reward later, maybe.
There is zero fee to a hell of a high percentage of youtube content creators who never make it past the threshold to moneytise their channel. Forget superchat, just the basic getting enough people to watch their content to see anything at all from Youtube.
You cannot take a cut from nothing ;)

Vague? Nothing vague about it. It's fairly simple to understand that taking a cut means the platform acts as a middleman between customers and businesses.

Last edited:
If you wanna believe Youtube and Twitter aren't middlemen. Go for it, live in a fantasy.

Again your moving the goalposts whilst throwing out another vague term thats got a kind of meaning but is very unspecific.

This is the problem you have, you think yoru arguing something specific but throwing in generalisations of things that are hard to nail down to meaning a specific thing.

Practically every financial transaction has a middle man, its hardly a slam dunk argument.

Again your moving the goalposts whilst throwing out another vague term thats got a kind of meaning but is very unspecific.

This is the problem you have, you think yoru arguing something specific but throwing in generalisations of things that are hard to nail down to meaning a specific thing.

Practically every financial transaction has a middle man, its hardly a slam dunk argument.

You're the one who wants to argue semantics. Diverting attention away from the fact that these platforms are just middlemen who want to make money

Last edited:
Vague? Nothing vague about it. It's fairly simple to understand that taking a cut means the platform acts as a middleman between customers and businesses.

Its simple to understand but its incorrect in this regard.

See the reply to the post above.

Anyway I am out now. Cant be bothered with someone so dishonest in this.

Its simple to understand but its incorrect in this regard.

See the reply to the post above.

Anyway I am out now. Cant be bothered with someone so dishonest in this.
Its not semantics, its being able to put together a reasonable argument in terms that mean something

Which you fail in just above every post as you add another thing in rather than dealing with what you already typed.

No, you're just throwing your toys out the pram. Both Youtube and Twitter make money off the business/customer relationship. You're going round and round now that just because the businesses give the money to Youtube directly it's somehow a totally different business.

Can you imagine if Trusty was in charge of taxonomy?

"That big thing, long neck, yellow and brown, 4 legs?"

"4 legs? Yeah we've got that already, its a dog."

"OK, next. Long, green thing, big teeth, scales, 4 legs?"

"Yep, definitely a dog again."

Can you imagine if Trusty was in charge of taxonomy?

"That big thing, long neck, yellow and brown, 4 legs?"

"4 legs? Yeah we've got that already, its a dog."

"OK, next. Long, green thing, big teeth, scales, 4 legs?"

"Yep, definitely a dog again."

Weren't you the one who was abusing people on Twitter anonymously? Literally bottom of the barrel stuff wasn't it?

Last edited:
As is your employer...

Tescos are the same don't you know, acting as a "middleman" and "taking a cut"
Twitter = tesco = youtube

I mean describing a very generic business relationship as some kind of proof they operate the same model.

I suppose hes going to say B2B is the same as well, they act as middlemen and take a cut as well.

I refuse to accept hes really that dumb.

Because you are paying Youtube directly via a subscription. That's exactly what Twitter have just rolled out.

Why would Stephen King use Twitter, because it's a massive platform with huge reach. $8 a month sounds pretty marginal to me

I mean, how many people went out and bought Owens book off the back of 217k views.

I pay because I hate adverts. It doesn't make any difference to any videos I upload if I'm premium or not. With Twitter I either pay or get buried and i still get adverts.

You think Stephen King gets more from Twitter than Twitter gets from him? Yet they want him to pay them.

'm fairly sure at this point that the likes of King won't pay and won't have their blue tick removed either, Elon has caved by combining subscribed and legacy so no one will ever know and he won't lose face, that and people were blocking subscribed accounts.

Tescos are the same don't you know, acting as a "middleman" and "taking a cut"
Twitter = tesco = youtube

I mean describing a very generic business relationship as some kind of proof they operate the same model.

I suppose hes going to say B2B is the same as well, they act as middlemen and take a cut as well.

I refuse to accept hes really that dumb.

But you keep making up strawman arguments, dont you?

They don't operate the same model. Ive said that in a previous post. But they are both platforms for connecting consumers and businesses, they are not very different in that respect. Again, it seems you are just being deliberately obtuse, maintaining that Twitter should be free whilst Youtube taking 50% of ad revenue is fine, it's seems utterly insane.

Last edited:
I pay because I hate adverts. It doesn't make any difference to any videos I upload if I'm premium or not. With Twitter I either pay or get buried and i still get adverts.

You think Stephen King gets more from Twitter than Twitter gets from him? Yet they want him to pay them.

'm fairly sure at this point that the likes of King won't pay and won't have their blue tick removed either, Elon has caved by combining subscribed and legacy so no one will ever know and he won't lose face, that and people were blocking subscribed accounts.

Why would you pay anyway? It's not aimed at you. You just use twitter to read and keep informed, no?

Yes, i think Stephen King, at this moment in time gets more out of Twitter than the other way round. He should leave Twitter, but he won''t, because he's knows the power of the platform.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom