The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musk takes another L.

I do that with a free Chrome ad blocker extension.
Stuff like this always amazes me how can a seemingly intelligent successful business man put that tweet up, it’s not just that it is obviously illegal it is so petty even more amazing that the legal process surrounding it has dragged on six years!

Obviously no surprise he doesn’t want his workforce unionised as it might force him to treat them a little more like human beings!

Last edited:
Stuff like this always amazes me how can a seemingly intelligent successful business man put that tweet up, it’s not just that it is obviously illegal it is so petty even more amazing that the legal process surrounding it has dragged on six years!

Obviously no surprise he doesn’t want his workforce unionised as it might force him to treat them a little more like human beings!
I've highlighted the important bits, it's like a certain Orange man who is renowned for abusing the legal system.

They know that they can afford to drag the process out in courts, so they get away with what they've done because it has the effect they wanted before the court settles it, or the other parties give up because they can't afford to play legal games for years.

It's the reasons some states have what they call anti SLAPP* laws, because it's known that if you've got the money you can accuse someone of libel etc in order to silence them and most people don't have the money to fight even the most blatent nonsense cases, so with when someone says something they don't like they'll start to sue them knowing that the other party will either have to give up to avoid legal costs they may never recover or it'll at least keep third parties silent in the meantime because of the threat (basically if you can afford a few tens of thousands you can silence most other people who can't).
The "anti slapp" laws basically say that if you try that you'd better be sure you'll win as otherwise all the legal costs incurred by both sides will be paid by the person who put the case forward, and in some cases there can be damages to cover the inconvenience/time the people defending it have lost or purely punitive to show how little the court likes such abuses of the legal system and hopefully put off other idiots.

It's one of the reasons that such cases should be dealt with far faster because whilst it's rumbling on the person has effectively achieved their goals, even if they finally lose in court years later.

*Strategic Legal Action against Public Participation (I think that's the acronym or close to it), as the cases are done purely to stop people from talking about something.

Last edited:
Hey Elon you missed these check marks that haven't been paid for

ne4w-york-times.png

its almost like he doesn't have the balls to follow through

elon-remove.jpg

There are stories circulating that there is no way to remove check marks on mass as it was never coded in, why would they code that in. So they have to be removed one by one.

Last edited:
I can't see that it would be that hard to run a one off script to update check marks, they must be stored as some kind of bit/flag in a database
Yeah surely of all the things twitter can do, this must be one of the easy ones.
I never watch YouTube on mobile, the tiny screen would drive me insane.
You're missing out. Youtube has a lot to offer, including bite size videos of interesting information. You don't need a monitor to enjoy leaning about origins of certain words etc.

That's where premium is better than just an ad blocker on pc

Yeah surely of all the things twitter can do, this must be one of the easy ones.

You're missing out. Youtube has a lot to offer, including bite size videos of interesting information. You don't need a monitor to enjoy leaning about origins of certain words etc.

That's where premium is better than just an ad blocker on pc

I pay £1.50 per month for it through India - gets rid of adverts on all platforms, lets me download things on my iPad if I want to watch them off wifi (on a plane etc) and lets videos play in the backround on my phone if I'm doing something else at the same time and just want the audio. I barely watch TV these days, and even then it's usually streaming stuff on my PC.

Can anyone share the "genius" behind replacing the Twitter logo for Doge? Has Musk done another Rogan interview and got stoned again? :confused:
Honestly, my view is that it appeals to weak minded simps. Elon is about to go to court regarding doge, and he does it as a finger to those taking him to court.

Why the simps enjoy that I don't know, but they do.

Honestly, my view is that it appeals to weak minded simps. Elon is about to go to court regarding doge, and he does it as a finger to those taking him to court.

Why the simps enjoy that I don't know, but they do.
I think another explanation I've seen that sounds possible is that all the twitter doge stuff might help bury the doge court stuff in the search results.

Hey Elon you missed these check marks that haven't been paid for
ne4w-york-times.png
its almost like he doesn't have the balls to follow through
elon-remove.jpg

There are stories circulating that there is no way to remove check marks on mass as it was never coded in, why would they code that in. So they have to be removed one by one.

Balls, brains, what's the difference.

If you torpedo a major interaction driving account/cluster of accounts for not paying this badly thought out subscription you lose even more money!

But lets attempt to save face in front of the simps by acting magnanimous and offering a few weeks more before penalising... himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom