The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youtube content has to be advertiser friendly, Elon wants Twitter to not be held hostage by advertisers because his goal is to create a platform where you can largely speak freely. That's why a subscription model works better for Twitter in the way Elon wishes to run it. People seem completely oblivious to this.

Can you simp for him anymore? If he doesn't care about advertisers why did he lose his **** and threaten to out them in a fit of rage when they all started pulling their ads due to his running of Twitter and his own posts? Reading you posts sometimes is like reading posts such as DogeDesigner's.

Why would you pay anyway? It's not aimed at you. You just use twitter to read and keep informed, no?

Yes, i think Stephen King, at this moment in time gets more out of Twitter than the other way round. He should leave Twitter, but he won''t, because he's knows the power of the platform.

I don't actually tweet that much, so no I don't care if my tweets get buried. I do care that others tweets that I might find interesting get buried. Some of the people I follow just randomly popped up on my feed, those days are gone unless they pay.

The man is one of the best selling authors of all time and he needs Twitter :cry:

But you keep making up strawman arguments, dont you?

They don't operate the same model. Ive said that in a previous post. But they are both platforms for connecting consumers and businesses, they are not very different in that respect. Again, it seems you are just being deliberately obtuse, maintaining that Twitter should be free whilst Youtube taking 50% of ad revenue is fine, it's seems utterly insane.

How do you manage to cram so much fail into one post.

Im not strawmanning at all, your the one who keeps going look over there a squirrel when your "arguments" are debunked. Throw in another non specific word or term to cloud the issue.

I haven't argued against twitter charging at all ever. I mean I think its a dumb idea but thats not to say it won't work maybe it will.
One thing I know though is that convincing people to pay for something that was previously free is like practically the hardest sell ever.

Musks problem is the people who were paying, are by accounts now not paying in droves. So hes looking to get someone else to pay, and those people are used to not paying, and also recognise that without them twitter is worthless.
The medium is kind of irrelevant.

Anyway I am really out.
I don't actually tweet that much, so no I don't care if my tweets get buried. I do care that others tweets that I might find interesting get buried. Some of the people I follow just randomly popped up on my feed, those days are gone unless they pay.

The man is one of the best selling authors of all time and he needs Twitter :cry:

I use twitter to follow and engage with some people like Bram Cohen. Its a useful medium but I only joined semi recently and I am sure if twitter was no more he would just use another medium.

The other thing I use it for is engaging with some companies, either for bad reasons or because it seems the immediacy of twitter means they put more effort into that than say email or phone.
Its annoying but it is what it is. You can guarantee seeing a response to a tweet way faster than an email. They don't like to be seen to be not replying to a complaint on Twitter where as they are happy to ignore the same details in an email.
So whilst I think it sucks, you have to be in it to win it.

I still struggle to see how enough people will pay to make a dent in whats been screwed up so far.

He doesn't need Twitter. You asked whether King gets more out of it than Twitter. I think he does. There is nothing else like it.

How do you manage to cram so much fail into one post.

Im not strawmanning at all, your the one who keeps going look over there a squirrel when your "arguments" are debunked. Throw in another non specific word or term to cloud the issue.

I haven't argued against twitter charging at all ever. I mean I think its a dumb idea but thats not to say it won't work maybe it will.
One thing I know though is that convincing people to pay for something that was previously free is like practically the hardest sell ever.

Musks problem is the people who were paying, are by accounts now not paying in droves. So hes looking to get someone else to pay, and those people are used to not paying, and also recognise that without them twitter is worthless.
The medium is kind of irrelevant

My argument is that it's not unreasonable for Twitter to start charging people or companies using the platform for selling their stuff, whatever that stuff is, ideas, news, products, services or themselves.

And you've just said.

but thats not to say it won't work maybe it will.

So i'm not sure why there has been this back and forth if you didn't think it was unreasonable for Twitter to start charging

It isn't being pedantic.

On one, you make money directly from the owner of the website (is they give you the money).

Twitter doesn't give anyone money and you don't make money from Twitter in remotely the same way.

I think twitter are running a system much like youtube, unless I've read it wrong? With their Amplify thing?

You’re free to not use YouTube and keep 100% of your profits. Good luck, purchasing storage space and the bandwidth to stream to any location in the world 24/7. Negotiate your own advertising deals with the knowledge that their reach is as big as your custom made YouTube. Develop a live streaming platform with payment services, authentication, moderation etc. I could go on…

I've been paying Youtube premium for 5 years now. Watching videos with no adds (except the content creators own ones) is worth every penny.

I will never pay Twitter money because A) I don't tweet and B) There's no added value even if you do. You don't get to skip seeing adverts.

I've been paying Youtube premium for 5 years now. Watching videos with no adds (except the content creators own ones) is worth every penny.

I will never pay Twitter money because A) I don't tweet and B) There's no added value even if you do. You don't get to skip seeing adverts.

Because its designed for those who monetise on twitter, not us who just browse for memes and ****?

(not monetising directly, but advertising themselves /building a following etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom