The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here's the very imminent problem with the answer, much more visible than any financial problems it may cause which Elon might never confess to.

Lets take LeBron James as the example, he's absurdly rich and said he's not paying for a sub, he's also ~27th largest Twitter account.

If Joe Bloggs is looking at basketball tweetings and sees CareerGrifter39, HopefulInfluencer27, 10,000 random kids and Piers Morgan tweeting away, burying LeBron James then the user is getting a worse experience even if they are the ones paying!

If LeBron James is given a default sub status because Elon is forced to accept that BIG NAMES are the product people come to Twitter for then he will have visibly crawled right back to the starting point of giving major users special status.

Heck, we now know Elon likes following the BBC on Twitter, many accounts but @BBCBreaking is basically same size as LeBron James. If they don't cough up is he going to kneecap them too.

These big accounts are big because of their status outside Twitter and by their status outside Twitter they bring an audience. It is incredibly dodgy to make being on Twitter inconvenient for them.

Why would those accounts be above Lebron James? You do realise total followers, retweets, quote tweets, likes and mentions of Lebron James by other people means he'll be well above everyone else, he has 50m followers. Just because he doesn't have a blue tick doesn't mean everyone will stop seeing him suddenly.

Last edited:
Why would those accounts be above Lebron James? You do realise total followers, retweets, quote tweets, likes and mentions of Lebron James by other people means he'll be well above everyone else, he has 50m followers. Just because he doesn't have a blue tick doesn't mean everyone will stop seeing him suddenly.

Any subscriber will outrank an unsubscribed and unfollowed LeBron James in replies. : https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1637198368714772486

Unlike a subscriber, an unfollowed LeBron James cannot be recommended: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1640502698549075972 https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1640800519894736896

People won't stop seeing him if they follow him or if they follow the scene since someone will be hauling his tweets up whether he subs or not.

But that is lousy treatment of a major draw to your platform to pettily snub him. Stephen King called it some time ago that any money exchange should be towards major accounts: https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1587042605627490304

And all that is reason for the rumour that Twitter will give the top 10,000 accounts a free sub, to be true.

Any subscriber will outrank an unsubscribed and unfollowed LeBron James in replies. : https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1637198368714772486

Nothing is different on that front then really. Blue check marks always got front row seats in the replies.
The 'for you' section if you follow basketball stuff isn't suddenly going to be populated with non check mark/low follower accounts. I don't know where this idea has come from. There will still be plenty of good content from accounts that can be arsed to pay. If your that much of a Lebron James fan, create a Twitter account and stick him on your basketball list. You'll never miss another tweet of his.

He better spend $7 a month then if wants to market himself to new people.

But that is lousy treatment of a major draw to your platform to pettily snub him. Stephen King called it some time ago that any money exchange should be towards major accounts: https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1587042605627490304

And yet he's still posting. Lets see if he disappears? i'm guessing he wont go anywhere.

Musk should follow through, there is nothing else like Twitter and they all know it, or at least Obama knows it.

Last edited:
Nothing is different on that front then really. Blue check marks always got front row seats in the replies.
The 'for you' section if you follow basketball stuff isn't suddenly going to be populated with non check mark/low follower accounts. I don't know where this idea has come from. There will still be plenty of good content from accounts that can be arsed to pay. If your that much of a Lebron James fan, create a Twitter account and stick him on your basketball list. You'll never miss another tweet of his.

He better spend $7 a month then if wants to market himself to new people.

And yet he's still posting. Lets see if he disappears? i'm guessing he wont go anywhere.

Musk should follow through, there is nothing else like Twitter and they all know it, or at least Obama knows it.

The example is a large Twitter account that specifically said he would not pay. Don't get it twisted into imagining it's more than that.

You're repeating that "Musk should follow through" while simultaneously accepting that these large accounts keep all their millions of followers and will remain extremely popular.

Make it make sense for these large accounts to pay this petty shakedown when they know they, the large accounts, create the value of Twitter, by being there.

Musk needs money, Musk must do weird things to try and make money. That is not a reason for someone who has status without Twitter to go along with it.

Last edited:
What’s hilarious is that even in the best case scenario the amount of money made via said shakedown is a paltry pittance compared to that already lost through ad revenue. Still, a good time to change the HQ sign to “titter” eh? That’ll learn ‘em!

What’s hilarious is that even in the best case scenario the amount of money made via said shakedown is a paltry pittance compared to that already lost through ad revenue. Still, a good time to change the HQ sign to “titter” eh? That’ll learn ‘em!

The man child label people give to Musk just gets more and more apt when he does stuff like this and the poo emoji auto reply.

Musk has now reached the point at which he's sharing private messages on Twitter.

Monday evening, in an entirely separate thread with another Twitter Files writer, Michael Shellenberger, Musk shared his DMs with Taibbi as evidence of information that needed to be corrected in an article by another author. The DMs appear to show Taibbi explaining his relationship with Substack.

Those DMs are now deleted, but we saved them, if you want to look:

A screenshot of a DM conversation between Elon Musk and Matt Taibbi.

Image: Elon Musk, in a now-deleted tweet

Good times!

Last edited:
Seriously the man is either an idiot or just loves throwing fuel on the fire. Why would a virus that is spread by close contact drop dramatically in the 2 years when close contact was pretty much stopped, especially in autumn/winter which is flu season?

Genius my arse

Last edited:
Seriously the man is either an idiot or just loves throwing fuel on the fire. Why would a virus that is spread by close contact drop dramatically in the 2 years when close contact was pretty much stopped, especially in autumn/winter which is flu season?

Genius my arse

Oh dear, what will Roar87 make of that, seeing as he knows full well about the difference between flu and COVID-19.

Genius my arse

yA3YV0A.jpg

The great genius of our age can't understand that the measures we took to reduce COVID were also extremely effective for reducing the flu.

fEE6Z4d.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
This isn't a thread about me,
It's not a thread about you, but you do have one of the highest post counts in it.
why are you quoting my posts from 18 months ago when I haven't even said anything? You're ******* sad man seriously

Because you have thus far defended everything Elon Musk has done. Was wondering if there would be that you wouldn't defend.

So I just wondered what you thought of him thinking "Good question" to "Where did the Flu go in 2020 and 2021?"

It's not a thread about you, but you do have one of the highest post counts in it.

Because you have thus far defended everything Elon Musk has done. Was wondering if there would be that you wouldn't defend.

So I just wondered what you thought of him thinking "Good question" to "Where did the Flu go in 2020 and 2021?"

If you assume that the user is going to dismiss a difficult question, you'll be right 20 times out of 10.

Why answer the question you've put to them, when you can just dismiss it.

Last edited:

What does my post count in the thread have to do with anything, why would having a high post count in a thread make it about me?

I haven't defended everything Elon has done, I've barely replied in here for the past month or more since this is now some Speakers Corner circle jerk where you all do nothing but post negative **** because you have this weird obsessive derangement syndrome with the mean nasty space billionaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom