The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the idea is that, once those non registered users have gone through the effort to sign up, they are more likely to come back.

Still seems wrong to me though. I never use Pinterest for this exact reason.

One work around could be to Google the account you're after and put twitter with it and then go straight to their page, though I imagine Elon may change it so you can't even view twitter soon without being logged in
Totally agree I have no interest in joining twitter but I do occasionally read threads that are interesting similarly I’d find Pinterest useful occasionally but I don’t because I can’t be bothered to sign up. I’m not sure twitter is going to be the global town square of free speech if they keep baring people from accessing it!

Totally agree I have no interest in joining twitter but I do occasionally read threads that are interesting similarly I’d find Pinterest useful occasionally but I don’t because I can’t be bothered to sign up. I’m not sure twitter is going to be the global town square of free speech if they keep baring people from accessing it!

Nobody is barred your just required to sign up to search. You can still access the thread via a link. This is how nearly all social media sites work.

With single login, Google etc, it's not even an effort anymore either.

Last edited:
Nobody is barred your just required to sign up to search. You can still access the thread via a link. This is how nearly all social media sites work.

With single login, Google etc, it's not even an effort anymore either.
Thats not so bad, I had envisaged more of the pinterest route which is annoyingly locked down, although any restriction of access isn't good and I don't like direct comparisons between social media services as they don't serve the same market/needs twitter and facebook are not really rivals!

Thats not so bad, I had envisaged more of the pinterest route which is annoyingly locked down, although any restriction of access isn't good and I don't like direct comparisons between social media services as they don't serve the same market/needs twitter and facebook are not really rivals!

What is twitters rival?

I never said Facebook, I said most social media sites do this.

Wow, he is without doubt the angriest poster on OCUK, his choice of username is pretty bang on because he likes to roar at other posters. From questioning their intelligence, morals or his favourite line of attack which is questioning their masculinity, he does seem obsessed with posters masculinity. So either you don't read many of his posts or you have a blind spot regarding his posts.

I'm pretty reasonable and I'll never be the first person to make a personal attack, people just don't like it when they make some passive aggressive remark that they can normally get away with and they get savaged for it. I don't really care if I'm called a simp on this forum by men who's wives have basically become their mothers.

I'm pretty reasonable and I'll never be the first person to make a personal attack, people just don't like it when they make some passive aggressive remark that they can normally get away with and they get savaged for it. I don't really care if I'm called a simp on this forum by men who's wives have basically become their mothers.
Wow so alpha :cry: and this is exactly why people take issue with the way you post. You certainly have some 'interesting' idea particularly around masculinity next you'll be telling me you don't wear pink shirts, washing up is for wifey and 'real' me don't cry!

Wow so alpha :cry: and this is exactly why people take issue with the way you post. You certainly have some 'interesting' idea particularly around masculinity next you'll be telling me you don't wear pink shirts, washing up is for wifey and 'real' me don't cry!
Though surely if your wife was like your mother, the inference is she looks after you and does lots of stuff for you?

I thought that's what people with old fashioned values wanted more of? Very confusing.

It's not really 'alpha' so much as actually just being the man in a relationship, I've heard from so many women how desperate they are to have that because it was so lacking in previous partners. On topic I doubt Elon Musk has difficulty with that because he's very naturally a leader, which is a trait women find very attractive in men. It's obvious that most of the posters attacking him completely lack that trait. It isn't anything to do with who washes the dishes or what colour to wear or expressing emotions, none of which I have an issue with fyi.

people just don't like it when they make some passive aggressive remark that they can normally get away with and they get savaged for it
Thats why you've blocked me. Because you were too savage right? Lol I do love your posts sometimes. Also who reports who's posts? You report mine because they are too mean and I have to stop posting in here for a week because I call you a kids cereal mascot and that upsets you too much. Is that an example of your savagery!

It's only Tuesday and you've made post of the week. No one can top this nonsense.

If I could be bothered I'd do a very quick search to find your best posts in here, examples being "youre so thin armed", "don't ****ING quote me Tony!!!", "why are you posting on a weekend you loser"

But I don't want you to have to get savage on me lol

I hope you're just playing with us and this is just you messing around in a fun mood :)

Last edited:

I am trying to decide if you believe that. You are famous for questioning the masculinity in one form or another of those you don't agree with and those attacks are not always in response to some "passive aggressive remark".

It's not really 'alpha' so much as actually just being the man in a relationship, I've heard from so many women how desperate they are to have that because it was so lacking in previous partners. On topic I doubt Elon Musk has difficulty with that because he's very naturally a leader, which is a trait women find very attractive in men. It's obvious that most of the posters attacking him completely lack that trait. It isn't anything to do with who washes the dishes or what colour to wear or expressing emotions, none of which I have an issue with fyi.
Denies being alpha, posts alpha nonsense straight afterwards absolute genius!

Last edited:
Off on a tangent a bit but...

I saw the clip on youtube where Musk appears to savage a BBC reporter regarding hate speech on the platform, so thought I'd go and watch the whole interview on the BBC to get a bit of context. Only to find the BBC seem to have cut that bit out of the interview.

What possible journalistic reason could they have to do that?

Off on a tangent a bit but...

I saw the clip on youtube where Musk appears to savage a BBC reporter regarding hate speech on the platform, so thought I'd go and watch the whole interview on the BBC to get a bit of context. Only to find the BBC seem to have cut that bit out of the interview.

What possible journalistic reason could they have to do that?
Got to say, I don't think you could appear more biased if you wanted to.

Got to say, I don't think you could appear more biased if you wanted to.
Challenge accepted.

I was looked for evidence that the BBC is a pinko commie propaganda mouth piece and now I've found it /s

Seriously - how is finding out about an issue, doing a bit of research and asking questions biased in your world?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom